Wizard KVM Extender - VGA, USB, Audio, Dual-Access, CATx
Extend VGA, USB 2.0, plus audio up to 1000 feet over CATx.
- VGA Video resolution 1600x1200
- Extended profile DDC EDID ensures optimal video with high-performance display devices
- Transparent USB 2.0 support
- Local VGA and stereo audio feedthrough
- Dual-video monitoring at the CPU
- Automatic cut-out fuses protect against power surges
- Rackmount multiple local and remote units in the optional chassis
- Remote unit includes a built-in 4-port USB hub
Put extra distance between your USB-style peripherals and your CPU with the ServSwitch Wizard KVM USB Extender with Audio. The extender is ideal for high-density applications where you want full use of USB keyboards, mice, and other devices but there simply isn't room for a server nearby, or for applications where you want to keep CPUs secured and out of the way.
Even better, all communications use inexpensive CAT5 or higher cable, so there's no special cabling needed to extend a USB bus from a PC to peripherals!
Extend video and audio signals, too
The extender enables you to transmit more than just signals for USB connections. You can use the same CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable link to transmit video signals, too!
And to transmit bi-directional audio for microphone or speaker signals for a truly multimedia workstation, just attach a second CAT5 or higher link. The extender package includes a local and a remote unit. Simply connect the local module to your PC or Sun® system and the remote module to the peripherals next to the user. The remote unit contains a built-in USB hub that provides four separate USB 2.0 channels for attaching multiple devices.
Fine-tune images at the remote end
On the remote unit, video compensation switches and dials enable you to adjust the image and keep the video signal crisp and clear with no "shadowing." Using these functions, you can boost video frequencies to counter the effects of long cable runs. The remote unit also has a signal-boost feature that optimizes less-responsive microphones. To protect against power surges, both modules include internal automatic cut-out fuses.
What's more, you can mount both local and remote units in an optional space-saving chassis, which makes these extenders perfect for fast-growing installations.
- (1) Transmitter
- (1) Receiver
- (1) VGA Male/Male Cable (all Pins) 1.8m (6 ft.)
- (1) 3.5mm Audio Cable 3m (10 ft.)
- (1) USB Type A B Cable 1.8m (6 ft.)
- (2) Sets of Rubber Feet
- (1) 5VDC, 2.5Amp External Power Supply
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.