T1/E1 Multiplexor with Fiber Extension - Single-Mode, 30-km, Dual SC, 4-Port
Multiplex four copper T1 or E1 channels onto one single-mode fiber link.
- Aggregates four independent T1/E1 channels onto a fiber optic segment.
- Order a second unit for the remote conversion back to T1/E1 lines.
- Duplex single-mode fiber port supports leased-line extensions up to 30 kilometers (18.6 mi.).
- Ideal for extending T1 connections over fiber to remote PBX equipment.
- Local loopback on both the copper and fiber ports.
- It also offers remote fiber loopback and circuit test modes.
- Configurable alarm relay contacts enable you to set up audio/visual fault notification.
Get extra distance for your T1 or E1 communications with a pair of T1/E1 to Fiber Muxes. Unlike ordinary fiber-based T1 extenders, the four-port muxes eliminate the requirement that each channel has its own fiber link.
In a typical enterprise application, these unmanaged muxes use optical media to aggregate and extend four T1 or E1 channels from a local PBX to four T1/E1 connections at a remote PBX.
Use them also for mobile backhaul applications where you want a cost-effective, multiservice platform that's capable of delivering TDM services over a fiber link. Extend four T1 lines from your TDM network to a cell site, for instance.
With fiber optics, your T1 or E1 communications also receive the benefits of security, immunity against EMI and RFI, and protection against the harmful effects of ground loops.
The T1/E1 to Fiber Muxes offer simple installation and use. DIP switches are used to configure the units for T1/E1 line operation and enabling port alarm relays. For troubleshooting, the T1/E1 to Fiber Mux offers local loopback on both the copper and fiber ports, as well as remote fiber loopback and circuit test pattern modes - minimizing the need for testing functions at both ends of the link.
Multimode versions of the T1/E1 to Fiber Mux are also available, as well as both multimode and single-mode models with an integrated copper Ethernet connection.
Must be used in pairs.
When configuring the mux for E1 coax operation, you'll need G.703 75–120 Adapters (MT256A-F) to convert the RJ-48 ports to dual BNC.
This product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.