Pro Switching Gang Switch Controller Card - 2U, RS232
Switch one card, the entire gang switch or an entire daisy chained system using RS232.
- Ethernet port for SNMP, telnet, or web browser remote access for individual card switching, Rack switching, and System Gang Switching
- Supports individual card switching, Rack switching, and System Gang Switching using the front panel
- Supports Gang Switching using an external +12 VDC signal or external remote contact switches.
- A key lock switch allows you to enable or disable manual switching
- Supports RS-232 communications on the Gang-In and Gang-Out connectors.
- If you plan to daisy-chain multiple chassis, the Controller Card in the first chassis controls the entire system.
The advanced design of the Pro Switching System, 2U (SM260A) gives incredible operational flexibility and performance. Switch one card individually or switch the entire chassis through a Controller Card. You'll need one Controller Card per rack chassis. If you plan to daisy-chain multiple chassis, the Controller Card in the first chassis controls the entire system.
This card enables you to switch the chassis from anywhere via an RS-232 or IP connection.
We also offer an RS-232 Only Controller Card (SM263A), which enables you to gang switch via the manual toggle switch or with serial commands.
Or if you want to extend RS-232/IP control to a second daisy-chained Pro Switching System chassis, order the SNMP Expansion Controller Card (SM264A). This enables you to send hardware control signals and control the daisy-chained system with RS-232 messages through the RS-232/Ethernet (SNMP) Controller Card (SM262A).
First, order the chassis...
Pro Switching System, 2U, 18-Card (SM260A)
Next order at least one power supply
Power Supply Cards:
Redundant Power Supply Cards (NOTE: cards requires two chassis slots.):
100 - 240-VAC Input (SM261A-VAC)
-48-VDC Input (SM261A-VDC)
AC External Adapter Card (SM261A-CARD) ( NOTE: card requires one chassis slot.)
And at least one power supply (order two for redundant power)...
Power Supply, 120 - 240 VAC, External (SM961A-PS)
...then select a Controller Card...
RS-232/Ethernet (SNMP) (SM262A)
RS-232 Only (SM263A)
SNMP Expansion (SM264A)
...next choose your A/B Switch Cards...
Video F-Connector, Latching (SM276A-LCH)
Video F-Connector, Non-Latching (SM267A)
Multimode Fiber Optic:
ST®, Latching (SM277A-MM-ST-LCH)
SC, Latching (SM277A-MM-SC-LCH)
ST, Non-Latching (SM277A-ST)
SC, Non-Latching (SM277A-SC)
Single-Mode Fiber Optic:
ST, Latching (SM278A-SS-ST-LCH)
SC, Latching (SM278A-SS-SC-LCH)
ST, Non-Latching (SM278A-ST)
SC, Non-Latching (SM278A-SC)
RJ-45 CAT5 (SM268A)
RJ-45 CAT6 (SM269A)
For empty slots, order...
Blank Panel, Front or Rear, 2U (SM279A-BLNK)
Questions? Contact our FREE Tech Support.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.