Micro Mini Fast Ethernet (100-Mbps) Media Converter - 10/100/1000-Mbps Copper to 100-Mbps Multimode Fiber, 1310nm, 5km
Bring fiber to the desktop and other tight spaces.
- Bring fiber to the desktop conveniently and cost-effectively.
- Ultra compact, weighing only 2.5 ounces.
- Tucks unobtrusively behind a PC.
- Supports distances of up to 5 kilometers over multimode fiber.
- USB-powered for portability, or use it with the included power adapter.
- Plug-and-play capability with autonegotiation.
- SFP port supports 100BASE-FX using 155-Mbps SFP transceivers.
- UTP port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T.
- LED indicators for power, UTP, and fiber status.
Weighing only 2.5 ounces and about the length of a house key, this ultra-compact media converter is portable yet powerful. For extra versatility, it can be USB-powered, making it easy to provide fiber connectivity to locations where AC or DC power is unavailable, for instance, field-deployed fiber-to-the-laptop. For easy portability, this tiny converter conveniently slips into a pocket or laptop carrying case.
The converter is plug-and-play with an RJ-45 port that autonegotiates for speed, duplex mode, and crossover functions for PCs with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T Ethernet. On the fiber side, the converter has an ST connector for connection to multimode fiber.
Because it can be powered through a computer's USB 1.0 or 2.0 port, the Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for connections to fiber in areas where a spare power outlet may not be available. When plugged into a computer's USB port, the media converter shuts down automatically when you turn off the computer, which saves energy.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.