LGB5100 Series Gigabit Ethernet (1000-Mbps) Managed Switch - SFP, Dual-Media SFP, SFP+, DB9 Console
This layer 2 switch delivers high performance fiber connectivity, scalability, and availability for your LAN access network.
- Pay-as-you-grow. Add SFPs when you need them to expand your network.
- Super versatility. Add a 10-Gbps fiber link when you expand your 100/1000-Mbps copper/fiber network
- Includes (20) 100/1000-Mbps SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) fiber ports, (4) dual-media 100/1000-Mbps RJ45/SFP ports, and (4) 1/10-Gbps SFP+ fiber ports.
- Get advanced switching and performance capabilities found in more expensive switches.
- Provides superior manageability, security, QoS, and performance.
- 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet saves on power costs.
- Well suited for workgroups, office LANs, and enterprise networks carrying higher-priority traffic for powerful applications.
- Bundle multiple ports for higher bandwidth with Link Aggregate Control Protocol aggregation.
- Programmable QoS classification and prioritization.
- Robust security with VLAN capabilities.
- OAM and CFM for easy set-up and management.
- Manage via the Web or Command-Line.
- Supports the multi-node ring protection architecture.
This advanced, fully-manageable Layer 2 switch gives you networking versatility. It features 28 high-speed fiber ports: (4) 1-Gbps/10-Gbps SFP fiber ports, (20) 100-/1000-Mbps SFP fiber ports, and (4) dual-media 100-/1000-Mbps SFP/twisted-pair ports. This all-fiber switch gives you the flexibility to select a variety of ranges with SFP transceivers.
Advanced functions in an economical package.
This switch offers advanced switching and security features normally found in more expensive switches. You'll get extensive management capabilities, greater bandwidth control, and QoS for switching in VoIP and other real-time, high-performance applications.
Pack up the trunk.
To provide more bandwidth to a specific application or segment, combine ports using the switch's 802.3ad Link Aggregate Control Protocol (LACP) capabilities. With this bandwidth aggregation feature, the combined ports create a multilink trunk for load sharing. The switch supports 14 groups with 8 ports per group.
The switch offers extensive Quality of Service support including prioritization, classification, scheduling, rate limitations, and more. The switch also supports eight hardware queues.
Safe and secure.
Your network is safe with this switch. It also offers MAC address filtering and VLAN capabilities so you can segregate networks.
Multiple management options.
Monitor, configure, and control the switch via its RS-232 serial port, or through Ethernet using CLI or Web-based management.
The SFP Gigabit/10-Gigabit Managed Fiber Switch Eco features IEEE 802.3az energy-efficient Ethernet, which scales down power consumption during periods of low data activity. This feature adds up to energy savings of up to 50%.
For the SFP slots, order SFP modules, such as the 850-nm Multimode Gigabit SFP Module (LFP411) and 1310-nm Single-mode Gigabit SFP Module (LFP412). For information on SFP module compatibility, contact our FREE Tech Support)
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.