Async RS232 Extender over CATx - DB9 with Control Signals to Terminal Block
Extend async RS-232 data and control leads beyond the 50 ft limitation over CAT6 at data rates up to 250 kbps and reach distances up to 4000 ft.
- Signals include RD, TD, RTS, CTS, GND, plus DTR (or DSR) asserted.
- Local and remote units can be up to 4000 feet (1250 m) apart.
- Fixed DCE local and DTE remote
- Operates point-to-point in full-duplex mode
- Provides 1000-VDC isolation between RS-232 interface and RS-485 interface
- Requires one external power supply (included) at each end.
- Supports data pair plus one control pair, and asserts one additional control line
These CATx Line Drivers enable the user to place a receiving device up to 4000 feet away from the sending device. The local unit has a DB9 female connector and is configured as a DCE device; the remote unit has a DB9 male connector and is configured as a DTE device. This allows the local/remote pair to function as a long extension cable between two RS-232 devices. There are no user-configurable settings. These units pass TXD, RXD, RTS, and CTS signals to allow application to use hardware handshake signals if neccessary.
- (1) Local Unit
- (1) Remote Unit
- (2) 120 V Power Supplies
This product works with:
• RS-232 Cable, 25-Conductor, Male/Male (ECM25C-MM, ECM25T-MM)
• CAT5 Shielded, Solid, 100-MHz Bulk Cable, 4-Pair (EVNSL70A-1000)
• CAT5 Unshielded, Solid, 100-MHz Bulk Cable, 4-Pair (EYN842A-1000)
Questions? Contact our FREE Tech Support.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.