Wizard KVM Extender - Single- or Dual-Head, DisplayPort, USB 2.0, Single-Access, CATx
Extend DisplayPort 4K30 and USB 2.0, 100-meters over CATx.
- Extends DisplayPort, USB 2.0, USB HID, and digital/analog audio over CATx cables
- Extend 3840x2160 4K at 30Hz or 2560x1600 dual-link video up to 330 ft. (100 m)
- Extend 1920x1080 dual-head video up to 492 ft. (150 m)
- Support for USB keyboards, mice, tablets, and touchscreens
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed for mass storage devices
- Use one CATx cable for basic performance and two CATx cables for highest performance
- Includes intelligent EDID management
- HD quality analog audio
- Receiver supports DisplayPort Dual Mode
The Black Box DisplayPort Extender is a high-performance KVM extender that enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature-controlled environment away from the user workstation while maintaining the same user desktop experience.
It can transmit either two 1920 x 1200 video streams or one higher resolution video stream (2560x1600 WQXGA), digital audio (S/PDIF), analog audio, Hi-Speed USB 2.0, and USB 2.0 (full and low speed) over CATx cables.
Perfect digital video, real-time control
The system is uncompressed, sending every pixel of every frame without loss. The receiver supports DisplayPort Dual Mode (DP++), meaning monitors that only support HDMI or DVI can be used (with the correct adapter cable).
Single CATx cable
Video, USB, and audio all pass along a single cable. A second CATx cable is required for the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 extension and increased video bandwidth.
Up to 492 feet (150 m) extension distances
Distance is dependent on the monitor resolution, the number of monitors, cable type, and the number of patch panels and couplers.
Enables connection of any USB human interface device from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog wheels, joysticks, and 3D explorers. Mass storage devices and isochronous devices such as webcams and headsets can be used through the transparent USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port.
The system has intelligent EDID management to allow the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer.
Plug and play
This extender solution is plug-and-play. There is no need for drivers or software to be installed.
Supports the S/PDIF interface via an optical 3.5mm jack socket (dual use with analog audio via mini Toslink).
HD-quality analog audio
HD-audio quality (stereo channel 24 bit sampled at 96kHz) is available to transfer audio from local to remote for Line In / Line. Headsets with integrated microphones are also supported.
- (1) Transmitter
- (1) Receiver
- (2) 5 VDC, 4 Amp Power Supplies
- (2) USB Type A to B Cables (6-ft each)
- (1) DisplayPort Cable, (6.6-ft.)
- (2) 3.5-mm Audio Cables (10-ft.)
- (1) DB9 Female to RJ-45 flash Upgrade Cable
- (2) US Power Cords
- (1) Safety Information Sheet with Reference to www.blackbox.com for full User Manuals
- (2) Sets of four Rubber Feet
Hardware compatibility: Does not support DVI-D / HDMI inputs. Only the receiver is DisplayPort++
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.