Pro Switching Gang Switch - 4U, Multimode Fiber ST A/B Card Latching
Switch between two multimode duplex ST connections.
- Operating Wavelength 800 through 1600 nm
- Insertion loss 2 dB Maximum
- Optical isolation 45 dB minimum
- no jumpers or switch settings that need to be configured on the A/B Switch Cards
- Occupies one slot
The multimode ST A/B switch latching card allows for the switching between two fiber connections, if power is lost the connection will stay in its current location. Controller Cards take up only one slot, and external power connects to the controller card, One slot is reserved for future use, leaving you with 16 slots for A/B Switch Cards. All switch cards take up one slot except for the power A/B cards which take up two slots.
Manage access to networks, implement backup systems for network and computer connections, or share peripherals and other equipment. Local features include LED status and manual switching. Remote control (dry contact closure, RS232, and Ethernet) provides unmatched management flexibility.
Gang Switch systems are used around the world to add secure access control and reliable backup for critical systems from space launch centers to stock exchange networks. Ordering instructions
First, order the chassis
- Gang Switch, 4U, 18-Card (SM960A)
Next order at least one power supply (order two for redundancy)
- External Power Supply 100- 240 VAC (SM961-PS)
- Internal Power Supply -48 VDC (SM760-PS1)
- Internal Power Supply Dual -48VDC (SM760-PS2)
Then select a Controller Card
- Ethernet (SNMP) (SM962A)
- Logic Only (SM964A)
Next, choose your A/B Switch Cards
- Serial DBxx: DB25 A/B Non-Latching (SM965A)
- DB9 A/B Non-Latching (SM966A)
- DB15 A/B Non-Latching (SM967A)
- Power: 240 VAC 1 in 2 out (SM971)
- 120 VAC 2 in 1 out (SM973)
- Video: 75-ohm F-Connector (SM976A)
- Multimode: SC Latching (SM977A-SC)
- ST Latching (SM977A-ST)
- RJ45 Copper: CAT5e Latching (SM978A)
- CAT6 Latching (SM979A)
This product works with Power Supply (SM961-PS), A/B Switch Cards (SM965A, etc.)
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.