3D HDMI CATx Extender
Reach eye-catching 3D screens simply and affordably with this CATx-based HDMI extension solution.
- Your solution for locating 3D signage in all areas of your business.
- Extends the transmission up to 130 feet (40 m) from the HDMI source at Full HD 1080p 24-bit color.
- Daisychain up to (10) receivers using the optional VSPX-HDMI-CSRX receiver.
- Unaltered transmission of 7.1-channel HDMI with zero compression.
- HDMI 1.3a compliant.
- HDMI Deep Color capable for vivid color depth.
- HDCP 1.1 compliant and Blu-ray ready.
- Includes both transmitter and receiver.
- Wallmountable for space-saving installation.
The affordably priced 3D HDMI CATx Extender makes it easy to extend digital video from a source to a distant 3D screen in a lobby or other high-traffic area.
Because the extender can transmit over solid copper cabling already installed in your building, it's easy to put your new 3D screens in spaces where your target audiences frequent - and you don't have to pull any new cables and/or sacrifice video quality in the process. It's perfect for applications that require greater distance for high-quality video resolutions on HDTV and 3D displays.
Over a single dedicated CAT6 cable run, it extends 1080i or 720p video with 24-bit color depth as far as 200 feet (60 m) and 24-bit Full HD 1080p video up to 130 feet (40 m). It also works over CAT5e cable but at shorter distances (see the Tech Specs). And for 36-bit 1080p color, it can go up to 65 feet (20 m).
The configuration is minimal. You select your video and audio type, as well as activate the learning of EDID info from the remote display, using the 8-position rotary switch on the transmitter.
To minimize skew over long cable distances, the 3D HDMI CATx Extender features adjustable eight-level equalization control on its receiver. Adjusting the equalization strength optimizes the video signal for transmitting greater distances between the source and display.
The extender supports high-quality sound, too. As part of the HDMI signal, it transmits DTS-HD and Dolby® TrueHD high-bit-rate audio and 7.1-channel surround sound audio.
- (1) Transmitter
- (1) Receiver
- (2) Power Supplies with Power Cords
- Wallmounting Screws
- User Manual
Distance depends on the characteristics and quality of the cables and the type of HDMI source and display. Higher resolutions and longer transmission distances require low-skew cables (<25 ns/100 m) for best performance. We recommend using unshielded CAT6 cable.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.