LES300 Series Industrial Serial Device Server Kit - (1) RS-232/422/485 DB9 Male, (1) 10/100-Mbps RJ-45, Power Supply Included
Remote access to serial devices across your LAN/WAN.
- Access a single serial device over your Ethernet network.
- Software selectable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- Includes external power supply
- DB9 male serial connector.
- Autosensing 10-/100-Mbps Ethernet port.
- Completely manageable through any Web browser or Telnet™.
- Supports SNMP manangement.
- Features TCP server/client, UDP, Virtual COM, and tunneling modes.
- Software-selectable RS-232/485/422 serial data communications.
- Ideal for controlling a manufacturing or automation device over a LAN.
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Ethernet port. Auto negotiates, autodetects for 10 or 100 Mbps.
- Rugged, metal case that can be wall or DIN rail mounted (mounts included).
- Firmware can be upgraded over an Ethernet network from a remote PC.
- On the serial side, it features 15-kV ESD protection.
Use your Ethernet network to reliably access a remote RS-232 or RS-422/-485 industrial device from a remote workstation.
The 1-Port 10/100 Device Server gives you a cost-effective gateway for TCP/IP Ethernet and serial signal communications, enabling nearly any serial device to be connected to a new or existing Ethernet network.
It does this by encapsulating serial data and transporting it over Ethernet, communicating full-duplex, and transmitting bidirectional data transparently between the serial port and a network.
Plus, it's easy to configure. You can do this remotely over the Ethernet link using Telnet, a Web browser link, a serial console, or another Windows utility.
Even better, it comes with virtual communications software. Through it, you can use an existing Windows-based application to access a serial device by mapping the virtual COM port to a remote serial server over Ethernet.
In addition, the device server supports TCP server, TCP client, and UDP modes of communication, and serial tunneling, which you can use to send data between two serial devices via the TCP/IP link instead of RS-232, -485, or -422 connections. Link a touchscreen to a distant PLC over the Ethernet network, for instance.
Ideal for any manufacturing, process engineering, or automation application, the 1-Port 10/100 Device Server, RS-232/422/485 can also be used to communicate with a bar-code scanner, PLC, electronic Kanban inventory management device, and similar equipment on the factory floor.
- (1) Device Server
- (1) 12VDC Power Supply
This product is also available without a power supply (LES301A).
Questions? Contact our FREE Tech Support
Multiple units needed for TCP client and tunneling modes.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-800-667-6625.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product* for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 787-767-3500.
** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day, no-questions-asked return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.