USB 3.0 Extender - Multimode, 2-Port
Extend a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 signal beyond the 16 ft (5 m) limitation up to 328 ft (100 m) over Multimode fiber to two peripherals.
- Extends USB 30 signals up 100 meters (330 ft) over OM3 multimode fiber cable
- Transfers at 5-Gbps speeds-ten times faster than USB 20
- Receiver supplies 900 mA power to the remote USB devices
- Plug and play No drivers to install on your computer
- Features locking USB power ports for secure plug-ins
- Works with Windows®, Mac® OS X®, and Linux® systems
- Does not support USB 20 or USB 11 interfaces
Extend a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 signal beyond the 16 ft (5 m) limitation up to 328 ft (100 m) over Multimode fiber to two peripherals. Compatible with the USB 3.0 or "SuperSpeed USB" standard, the extender boasts speeds up to 5 Gbps, about ten times that of USB 2.0. This way, you can extend your USB bus connections to newer USB 3.0 devices that use higher bandwidths and require bidirectional asynchronous, full-duplex data transfer. Plus, it supplies more power than USB 2.0 to the remote devices. With the higher data-transfer rate and power, the extender is ideal for connecting industrial USB 3.0 machine vision cameras, particularly those with high power sensors. It's also great for post-production video editing and broadcast applications with USB 3.0 peripherals and external USB CD/DVD drives in different rooms
- Local Extender Unit
- Remote Extender Unit
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Power Supply with Country-Specific Cord
- Quick Start Guide
Greater distances are possible with some hosts and drives.
Questions? Contact our FREE Tech Support.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1300 73 55 66.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from faulty workmanship and defects.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your faulty equipment at NO CHARGE!
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product* for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 1300-734-455.
** Certain products may not be eligible.