LPS500 Series Gigabit Ethernet (1000-Mbps) PoE Media Converter - 10/100/1000-Mbps Copper to 1000-Mbps Multimode Fiber, 850nm, 550m
Connect with fiber and provide power to remote PoE devices.
- Now supports up to 30 W, 802.3at
- Compliant to EN62368
- A low-cost, economical solution for powering PoE devices CATx
- Powered device (PD) signature sending detects when a PoE device is connected.
- Protects against damage caused by overcurrent events and offers undercurrent detection.
- Link fault passthrough monitors both copper and fiber receive ports for loss of signal.
- Far-end fault detection prevents the loss of valuable data from it being sent over an invalid link.
- Copper port auto negotiates for network speed and features Auto MDI-X for easy cabling.
- LEDs indicate when it is feeding PoE power as well as when power is interrupted.
RoHS compliant. Connect Gigabit-speed fiber optic to a 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper UTP segment while also powering 802.3af devices at the end of the CAT5 run. This PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter from Black Box enables you to transparently connect copper cabling to multimode fiber as an economical way to extend Ethernet communications well beyond the 100-meter (327-foot) CATx limit.
Along with matching copper to interference-free fiber at Gigabit speeds, the converter doubles as power sourcing equipment (PSE) for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices plugged in on the copper side. Using existing UTP cabling for both data communications and 48-VDC power simplifies a network application in terms of provisioning power and maintaining equipment.
It's particularly ideal for locating equipment where electrical access is inconvenient or just too expensive to locate. Install PoE-compatible security cameras and wireless access points in areas without any nearby power outlets while reducing your overall power consumption, too. Plus, the PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter has extensive power management features, including overcurrent protection, undercurrent detection, minimum load sensing, and PSE MDI power enable/disable.
For reliable data communications, the media converter boasts link fault pass-through (LFP) capabilities, monitoring receive ports on both the fiber and copper sides for loss of signal. If signaling is lost on one media port, it automatically disables the transmit (TX) signal to the other media port.
Additionally, a far-end fault (FEF) function enables the converter to cease sending a link pulse to a link partner if signaling on the fiber receive (RX) port is lost. The link partner will also synchronously stop sending data. This way, you don't lose valuable data transmitted over an invalid link.
This product is covered by one or more of the following: United States Patent Nos. 7,457,250; 8,902,760; and/or 9,019,838.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1300 73 55 66.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from faulty workmanship and defects.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your faulty equipment at NO CHARGE!
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product* for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 1300-734-455.
** Certain products may not be eligible.