iCompel® IR Remote Control and USB Receiver Pair
For easy, on-demand control of content and volume right at the screen.
- Handheld IR unit for controlling iCompel content and volume at a display.
- Push a button to select content (videos, images, and even layouts and playlists).
- Also controls TV channel selection on iCompel TV capture versions.
- Features four assignable buttons for customized control and playing video on demand.
- Enables administrators to delegate control of local content to local users.
- Content inside a single zone or across multiple zones can be switched in sync.
- Includes IR sensor on cord that plugs into iCompel unit's USB port.
- "Pick list" creation function for restricting what TV content can be shown.
Control the content on your iCompel digital signage easily with this handheld remote control unit.
With it added to your iCompel system, you can control what content and messaging is being displayed on-screen at any time - right at the screen itself. There's no need to log in to the user interface when you want to get a desired video or presentation to appear. At a press of a button, you can select the content you want and switch layouts previously set up in iCompel.
What's more, the remote control works right out of the box. Simply connect its IR receiver to a USB port on the iCompel, and you have volume control in a matter of seconds.
Also, if you're using an iCompel model with a built-in video card and receiving signals from the TV tuner (or audio from the radio tuner), you can use the remote to scan the channel list or change the channel volume without any configuration or set up. Without the remote, this can be only done via the iCompel user interface.
It's also great for giving viewers the ability to access content themselves, such as in:
- PoS/PoP retail applications.
- Hotels and conference centers.
- Government offices and DMVs.
- Doctors' office and hospital waiting rooms.
In addition, it's particularly useful in applications where installing touchscreen signage isn't practical or affordable - especially if you just want to give an audience on-demand access to several slideshows of content.
Flexible content control by zone.
Content can be switched inside a single zone or across multiple zones in sync. You can keep logos and branding fixed and uninterrupted in one part of the screen, while videos and other content in other zones can be flexibly changed by pushing a remote control button.
The four buttons on the remote are assignable. By assigning specific video clips and layouts to the buttons, they can be selected on demand. Choose a video to play in a zone when you want - for example, when an important customer arrives - then when it ends, that zone's playlist content will resume play according to its preset schedule.
The buttons also integrate with features of iCompel. Using the AdvanceTo feature, you can interrupt the playing of a playlist and jump to a specific item in the playlist.
You can also set up "pick lists" containing playlists of specific content, including certain TV stations or radio stations, for example. These pick lists appear in a dropdown menu on the iCompel screen*. By restricting the selection to specific lists, you can prevent users from playing objectionable content through your signage.
* Not only can this function be enabled for access by users of the remote control, but it can also be enabled for any local user accessing content in Ad-Hoc mode via the iCompel user interface.
NOTE: A no-charge license will be provided for activating IR functionality on your iCompel model. Also, the remote control works only with iCompel units running 8.1.1 firmware or above. For information on getting the necessary firmware, contact Black Box Tech Support or your Digital Signage Success Manager.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 0800 653 219.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from faulty workmanship and defects.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your faulty equipment at NO CHARGE!
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product* for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 0800-653-219.
** Certain products may not be eligible.