KVM Extender - VGA, PS/2, Dual-Access, CATx
Extend VGA, PS/2, up to 300 Meters over CATx cable.
- VGA Video resolutions are distance dependant: 1600 x 1280: 200M 1280 x 1024: 300 M
- PS/2 Peripherals
- CATx connections
- Dual Access
- Up to 300 M. over CATx
- Dual-access model enables you to operate your computer from the local or remote site.
- At a maximum distance of 984.2 feet (300 m), you get resolution up to 1280 x 1024.
- Get a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 at up to 656.1 feet (200 m).
- The remote unit includes a built-in skew compensator.
- Video settings store in non-volatile memory.
- Flash-upgradable standalone remote unit.
- Keyboard/mouse emulation provides keep-alive functionality.
- All monitor skew compensation can be fine-tuned easily via keyboard hotkey commands - even at long distances and high resolutions.
- Single-access kits are available.
- Models with serial and audio support are also available.
- Rackmount in our RMK19U-X3 19" Rackmount Kit.
- To convert your USB-style keyboard and mouse signals to PS/2®, order the USB to PS/2 Converter (KVUSB).
The extender comes in a kit that includes local and remote units, which are connected with a single CAT5 or higher cable. All keyboard, mouse, and video signals are fully buffered to ensure consistent remote operation of your PC.
With this Dual-Access model, you can attach an additional monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the local unit. You can then operate the PC from either the local or remote user station. These stations share access on a "first come, first served" basis.
Ultimate video at the remote end.
No matter what CAT5 or higher cable you use, you can expect clear, high resolution at the remote end with these KVM extenders. That's because the CATx kits' remote units and individual standalone remote units feature a built-in skew compensator. Color drift - caused by the different twist ratios of the twisted pair cable - is eliminated. The skew compensator removes the unsightly color shadows by delaying some color signals so that all color signals arrive at the same time at the remote end. This skew compensation works with all colors transmitted.
You can fine-tune the monitor image via simple keyboard hotkey commands to fix skew attenuation and losses. Use keyboard controls to equalize red, green, and blue to compensate for the differing pair lengths found in CAT5e and higher cables. Independent low-frequency (LF) and high-frequency (HF) equalization adjustment ensure optimum video tuning. The precise equalization enables resolution of 1280 x 1024 up to 984.2 feet (300 m) or 1600 x 1200 resolution up to 656.1 feet (200 m). Preset modes also help you find the right image balance quickly, and Quick Skew features help make video tuning nearly automatic.
ServSwitch Single-Video CATx KVM Extenders save all video settings in non-volatile memory.
Add standalone remote units to existing extender applications.
Do you already have a ServSwitch Extender at work for you? Want to add enhanced video capabilities? Just order a ServSwitch CATx KVM Extender Remote Unit (ACUR001A). These standalone remote units feature easy-to-adjust skew compensation and are compatible with many of our ServSwitch CAT5 Extenders.
Plug in your connections and go.
Setup is simple. Connect the local and remote units to each other and adjust your video compensation to your liking. The extenders are easy to operate and require no software.
Because the extenders perform complete PS/2 keyboard and mouse emulation, you can boot the PC without having a keyboard or mouse attached to it. What's more, the extenders are compatible with Microsoft® IntelliMouse® and other wheel mice. You can even use a standard PS/2 mouse at one user station and an IntelliMouse at the other.
- Local Unit
- Remote Unit
- Cable from CPU to Local Unit
- Video Input Cable
- 9-volt Power Supply and Power Cord
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 0800 653 219.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from faulty workmanship and defects.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your faulty equipment at NO CHARGE!
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product* for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 0800-653-219.
** Certain products may not be eligible.