Emerald® PE KVM Extender with Virtual Machine Access - DVI-D, V-USB 2.0, Audio
High-performance KVM extenders that feature pixel-perfect HD video, transparent USB 2.0, Power over Ethernet (PoE), and virtual machine support.
- Next-generation KVM extension and matrix switching simplifies access to both physical and virtual servers
- Pixel-perfect HD DVI video up to 1920 x 1080
- Supports PoE (requires PoE capable switch)
- Supports USB HID, transparent USB 2.0, and audio
- Manage bandwidth and user access, deploy new endpoints, update firmware, and more from the receiver’s OSD or Boxilla
- Compatible with existing KVM systems like DKM and Boxilla
Emerald® PE PoE provides users with a seamless desktop experience anywhere on a TCP/IP network while allowing the actual hardware to be stored in a corporate data center or in the cloud. This robust solution is easy to deploy on standard corporate networks and even across WANs. PE enables the same experience of a desktop PC even for media-rich applications, like video and photo editing.
Emerald PE supports multiple setups: It allows you to link transmitters and receivers in a point-to-point KVM extension over CATx up to 100 meters or even farther using an IP or WAN connection. Or connect multiple transmitters and receivers to an Emerald or IP switch to create a matrix switching setup.
Your Emerald KVM network may start small with a point-to-point extension, but it's infinitely scalable to meet your future needs just by adding endpoints, with no extra chassis or cards required. PE supports up to 32 endpoints with no additional KVM management appliance. For larger deployments, use Boxilla® to manage your enterprise KVM network centrally.
Headache-Free Migration and Scaling
Emerald makes your migration painless, enabling you to scale access infinitely and gradually across buildings, campuses, and more using your existing network infrastructure.
Outstanding Video Quality
Emerald PE supports pixel-perfect HD DVI video with resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. This makes it an ideal solution for applications that require the highest video quality, like medical imaging and control rooms.
Emerald PE simplifies access to both physical and virtual servers with high-performance connectivity to virtual machines, supporting VMware® and Microsoft® HyperV®, using RDP 8.1 and RemoteFX.
Simple System Management
Manage bandwidth and user access, deploy new endpoints, update firmware, and more. Emerald PE can be managed via the receiver's OSD or the central KVM management platform Boxilla. Boxilla is a hardware-based management appliance that features a user-friendly, browser-based GUI.
Your 24/7 operation requires network resilience. Use the redundant network ports on the Emerald PE units to provide continuous, uninterrupted operation in the event one network experiences loss of service. Connect the endpoints through either two alternative direct links, a direct link, and a network connection or two independent networks.
Multiple Power Options with PoE
Emerald PE supports powering receiver units via Power over Ethernet (PoE) from the transmitter unit or via an external PSU. Use both PoE and an external PSU for redundant power supply.
Works Perfectly with Other KVM Systems
Emerald works seamlessly with the rest of the Emerald product family and these popular Black Box KVM product families:
- DKM proprietary, direct-connect KVM system
- Freedom II Multi-Monitor Switch with Glide and Switch technology
- ControlBridge, our system for one-touch, multisystem control
- Boxilla KVM Manager
- (1) Emerald PE Transmitter, Single-Head or Dual-Head
- (1) 12-VDC Power Supply and Power Cord
- (1) DVI Cable (Single-Head) or (2) DVI Cables (Dual-Head)
- (1) USB 2.0 Type B Cable
- (1) Emerald PE Receiver, Single-Head or Dual-Head
- (1) 12-VDC Power Supply and Power Cord
- EmeraldPE_Firmware_v6.0 should only be used with other endpoints using 6.0.
- RemoteApp 2.1. must be used with Firmware 6.0 and is not compatible with 5.6
- Units running 5.2.9 firmware or lower cannot communicate with the PE
- 5.2.9 firmware is not compatible with 5.6 / 6.0 firmware.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 0800 653 219.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from faulty workmanship and defects.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your faulty equipment at NO CHARGE!
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product* for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 0800-653-219.
** Certain products may not be eligible.