Mini CATx VGA Extender Kit with Video Equalization Adjustment
A compact, budget-friendly line-powered extender kit for transmitting VGA video as far as 500 feet (150 m).
- Extends VGA video up to 500 feet (150 m) over ordinary CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- Requires only a single power supply unit. Can be powered conveniently from either end of the CATx link, locally or remotely.
- Eliminates the need for bulky VGA cables, allowing you to use UTP cable already installed.
- Features video equalization adjustment for optimizing image quality at maximum distances.
- Supports VGA resolutions up to 1920 x 1200, including 1080p quality video.
- Includes a transmitter, receiver, and power supply.
- Very compact, standalone units for space-saving installation.
There's no need to use expensive, hard-to-terminate VGA cable for extending high-resolution video. The Mini CATx VGA Extender Kit enables you to use ordinary CAT5/5e/6 UTP cable to link a video monitor or display up to 500 feet (150 m) from your PC or video source.
This kit includes our standalone transmitter (VX-VGA520-TA and receiver (VX-VGA520-RA), plus a power supply. The transmitter converts a PC's VGA signal into a format suitable for point-to-point transmission over a non-networked CATx link to the receiver. The receiver converts the signal back to VGA for connection to your monitor, projector, or another display device.
In the transmission, there's little or no degradation of video quality. Supporting VGA resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 (including 1080p video) at even the maximum distance of 500 feet (150 m), the system supports video equalization. Using equalization and gain control, you can fine-tune video for a clear image on your remote display.
Plus, the system has an EDID copy feature. With a push of a button on the transmitter, you can copy precise EDID info from the remotely attached monitor back to the source computer's video card. This way, you can ensure optimum video communications between the two, with the video card adapting automatically to the monitor's supported resolution, refresh rate, and timing characteristics across the CATx link.
Even better, the Mini CATx VGA Extender system requires power only at one end - great for applications where you're short on outlets. Just plug in the power supply at whichever side is most convenient for you.
And because both units are super compact, you can carry them wherever you go. Their small form factor design makes them ideal for discreet installation in areas frequented by the public.
- (1) Mini CATx VGA Extender Transmitter with Video Equalization Adjustment, Standalone (VX-VGA520-TA)
- (1) Mini CATx VGA Extender Receiver with Video Equalization Adjustment, Standalone (VX-VGA520-RA)
- (1) 100–240-VAC, 50–60-Hz/12-VDC Power Supply (VX-VGA520-PS)
- (1) user manual
Both the transmitter and receiver are also available individually for use with our single-gang wallplate transmitter and receiver versions (VX-VGA520-TB and VX-VGA520-RB). For multichannel distribution, use our AC504A-WP, AC504A-WP-R, AC600A–AC603A, and AC654A extender products.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.