Wizard KVM Extender - VGA, PS/2, RS232, Single-Access, CATx, Skew Compensation
Extend VGA, PS/2 and RS232 300 Meters over CATx.
- VGA Video resolution 1280 x 1024
- PS/2 Peripherals
- CATx connections
- Rackmount local (transmitter) and remote (receiver) modules in our ACU5000A chassis for Wizard Extenders.
- Offers transparent 56-kbps RS232 serial transmission.
- Serial functionality is great for connecting to graphic tablets, touch screens, or PDA cradles.
- True DDC support for optimal operation with modern graphic adapter cards.
- Built-in skew compensation (adjustable up to 62 ns) reduces color drift and keeps images sharp.
- It provides additional brightness and sharpness control options.
KVM and serial extension with single access.
The ServSwitch Wizard™ Extender Single-Access Serial Kit with Skew Compensation comes with a transmitter module for local CPU connections and a receiver module for remote workstation (KVM) connections, as well as an adapter cable to connect the local module to the keyboard, video, and mouse connectors on your CPU.
The kit extends PS/2® keyboard and mouse signals - along with transparent serial signals and the analog VGA signal - over a single CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable up to 984.2 feet (300 m). Use the serial link to connect to graphic tablets, touch screens, or PDA cradles. For applications that require a serial mouse attached to a CPU, simply add a passive adapter (contact our FREE Tech Support).
The benefits of skew compensation.
Skew compensation fixes color drift by making up for the differences in length between wire pairs in CAT5e or CAT6 cable, and compensation is provided by a 62-ns color delay that can be adjusted in 2-ns calibrations to correct delay skew problems.
What's more, this extender also comes with the latest video components and circuitry to enable higher bandwidth and ensure even clearer images. In fact, it's now possible to get maximum resolutions of 1600 x 1200 at 60 Hz at distances of 656.1 feet (200 m) or 1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz at the full distance of 984.2 feet (300 m)! This extender also provides additional brightness and sharpness control options for ultra-clear images.
Today's graphic adapter cards often require Display Data Channel (DDC) information for them to work correctly - or, in some cases, to work at all. This kit transmits an attached monitor's DDC information to its remote module. Plus this information is stored in the local module in the event of a link loss.
This extender also features password protection to prevent unauthorized access to a connected CPU or your switching system.
- (1) KVM Combi Cable (PS2 KM plus VGA - DB25) for use with the Transmitter Unit/server
If you're using the 16-slot Rackmount Chassis (ACU5000A) with this kit, note that the local and remote units require one slot each.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.