- Great for linking older serial devices to computers or laptops with USB ports.
- Offers 2-wire RS-485 or 4-wire RS-422/RS-485 operation.
- Holds connections tight with its high-retention USB connector.
- USB 1.0, USB 1.1, and USB 2.0 compatible (12 Mbps).
- Interface powered. No external power required.
- Serial terminal block can be removed for easy wiring.
- LEDs indicate transmitting and receiving of data.
This compact device quickly converts USB port connections to RS-422/485 so you can connect legacy serial devices to a newer PC or laptop. Continue to use legacy commercial and industrial RS-422/485 devices without making any changes to the applications written for them.
Plus, because it features 2000-volt optical isolation, you can protect your PC and other equipment from dangerous spikes and surges on the RS-485/RS-422 network.
Simply plug it into your PC's USB port using the included USB cable (3-ft.), then configure its DIP switches for 2- or 4-wire operation. The converter will show up as an additional COM port in your PC's Windows Device Manager.