RS232 Passive Splitter Rackmount Card - RJ45, 4-Port
Passively share one RS232 DCE device with four RS232 DTE devices.
- Enables four RS-232 terminal devices to share a single modem.
- Transmits data received from the modem to all attached terminal devices.
- Passive, non-powered. Operates transparent to data formats and speeds.
- Only one terminal device can send data to the modem at a time.
- Transparent to data formats, rates and protocols.
- RS232 data output by the attached terminal devices is logically OR gated by the modem splitter and then transmitted to the modem.
With this system, you can avoid the cost of having to purchase and install multiple modems and multiple modem lines.
Plus, it's easy to set up and use. There are no user-configurable switches, jumpers, or settings on the modem splitter. Simply connect the modem and terminal (DTE) devices to it, then power up your modem and terminals as normal.
The splitter's master port connects to your modem using an RJ-45 straight-through cable and the appropriate RJ or DB adapter. Its other ports (Port 1 through Port 4) connect to your DTE terminal devices.
NOTE: Only one terminal device can send data to the modem at a time.
Product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.