MediaCento IPX HD Extender Receiver - HDMI-over-IP
Better video, compatibility, and control while extending HDMI video signals over a Gigabit Ethernet network.
- Supports up to 1080p HD
- Setup units using only the front panel interface, no additional configuration required
- Intercompatible with the MediaCento 4k
- Any source to any screen, over IP
- Extend HDMI video signals over a Gigabit Ethernet network
- Create eye-catching video walls of up to 8x8 displays
- PoE power eliminates external power supplies
- Use with the MediaCento Controller for matrix switching and video wall control
- Maximum latency 2 frames or 33ms
MediaCento IPX HD is great for:
- Touchscreen applications using the iCOMPEL Digital Signage system.
- Basic HDMI video and audio extension direct point to point, or point to multipoint over a gigabit Ethernet network.
- Streaming video to classrooms in schools.
- Corporate video sharing and training.
- Sharing video in command and control room setup.
HDMI HD video over IP
This IP-based video distribution solution uses existing standards-based Ethernet technology and TCP/IP protocols to unicast HDMI HD video signals on your Gigabit Ethernet network. In a multicast configuration, one transmitter can drive multiple receivers with no extra network load.
HD means better video
The MediaCento IPX HD supports High Defenition video for great pictures up to 1080p.
Whether you choose to utilize existing LAN infrastructure or set up a dedicated video network, setup is easy. For a unicast setup, simply connect your source, your display, a network switch, and you're ready to go!
PoE support for remote powering
The MediaCento IPX HD is PoE powered eliminating the need for additional power supplies. Using a PoE network switch completely eliminates the need for external power supplies making installation easier.
Create 8x8 video walls
For video streaming and multicasting video over a network to a video wall, see our LPB2900 Series Gigabit PoE+ Managed Switches (LPB2910A, LPB2926A, LPB2952A).
Signals that go for miles
The MediaCento IPX HD Unicast system transmits up to 328 feet (100 m) point to point but goes even further with a network switch added to the mix.
Optimal PC-to-screen performance
MediaCento features EDID copy function and is HDCP 2.2-compliant.
Digital signage and video wall applications:
- Corporate multi-room solutions
- (1) MediaCento IPX HD Receiver
- (1) 5-VDC, 3-A Power Supply
- (1) Quick Start Guide
For the best performance, use with a Layer 2 or 3 switch with IGMP and Jumbo Frame support. For details, contact Black Box Tech Support. For a selection of switches, see our Networking section.
Product works with:
- MediaCento IPX HD Transmitter (VX-HDMI-HDIP-TX)
- MediaCento IPX Controller
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.