MediaCento IPX 4K Transmitter - HDMI, USB, Serial, IR, Audio
Better 4K AV-over-IP extension, switching, and video walls.
- Supports up to 4K UHD 4096 x 2160 at 30Hz and 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz and all 3D formats
- Supports digital and analog audio embedding and extraction
- 4K to 1080p downscaling
- USB 2.0, bi-directional IR and serial
- Any source to any screen over IP
- Extend HDMI video and audio signals over a Gb Ethernet network
- Create video walls up to 8x8 displays
- USB 2.0 and USB HID support supports touchscreens and KVM capabilities
- PoE power eliminates external power supplies
- Maximum latency 2 frames or 33ms
HDMI 4K video over IP
This attractively priced IP video distribution solution uses existing standards-based Ethernet technology and TCP/IP protocols to unicast HDMI 4K video signals on your Gigabit Ethernet network. In a multicast configuration, one transmitter can drive multiple receivers with no extra network load.
4K means better video
The MediaCento IPX 4K supports full 4K UHD for the best pictures ever. To ensure the video is also being displayed on 1080p displays, the unit supports 4K to 1080p downscaling.
Better audio: analog and digital
This MediaCento system supports embedded digital HDMI audio with surround sound plus analog audio embedding and extraction so you can include analog audio input from DVI sources and route audio signals to a separate amplifier.
Because the transmitter and receiver install directly into your existing LAN infrastructure, integration is easy. And you don't have to configure any IP settings. Connect your source, your display, a network switch, and you're ready to go.
PoE support for remote powering
The MediaCento IPX 4K is PoE powered eliminating the need for power supplies. Using a PoE network switch completely eliminates the need for external power supplies making installation easier.
The MediaCento IPX 4K is great for use with touchscreen signage applications. It can also extend USB signals for devices such as keyboards and mice for KVM management of a remote workstation.
Signals that go for miles
The MediaCento IPX 4K Unicast system transmits up to 328 feet (100 m) point to point but goes even further with a network switch added to the mix. Transmit over CATx cable or single-mode fiber cable. Compatible SFPs include LFP411, LFP312, LFP413, LFP414, and LFP418.
Supports serial connections to switch screens on/off
The MediaCento IPX 4K system supports RS-232 for configuration and control, and for extending bidirectional control signals.
Optimal PC-to-screen performance
MediaCento features EDID copy function and is HDCP 2.2-compliant.
Digital signage and video wall applications:
- Corporate multi-room solutions
MediaCento IPX 4K is also great for:
- Touchscreen applications using the iCOMPEL Digital Signage system.
- Basic KVM applications, such as extending signals for monitors, touchscreens, speakers, keyboards, mice, and other USB 2.0 devices.
- Streaming video to classrooms in schools.
- Corporate video sharing and training.
- Sharing video in command and control room setup.
- (1) MediaCento IPX 4K Transmitter
- (1) 5-VDC, 3-A Power Supply
- (1) IR Blaster Cable
- (1) USB 2.0 Cable
- (1) Audio/MIC Cable
- Quick Start Guide
This product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.