Live Traffic Detector for Fiber Cable Networks
Identify live fibers and avoid unnecessary service disruptions.
- Identify live fibers and avoid unnecessary service disruptions.
- Eliminate the need to open the fiber at the splice point causing service interruption.
- Identify fibers by detecting the signals being transmitted.
- The local detection technology, non-destructive macro-bend detection, doesn't damage or overstress the fiber.
- When traffic is present on the fiber, an audible tone sounds.
- Detects low-frequency tones at 270 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz.
- Traffic direction is also indicated by LEDs on the probe.
- A range of 850 to 1700 nm enables use on single-mode and multimode fiber.
- Use with 900-um buffered fiber, 250-um coated or ribbon fiber, and 3-mm jacketed fiber. Three adapters are included.
- Ideal for troubleshooting, maintenance, and rerouting fiber cable without disrupting service.
- Displays the Relative Core Power to help identify bad connectors and splice points.
- Features a lightweight but rugged metal housing.
- Easy-to-use, hands-free operation.
- It can be used with a light source.
Repair a fiber cable on an active network with the Black Box® Live Traffic Identifier for Fiber. It's the technician's must-have instrument for isolating a fiber that's not transmitting properly because of bends, breaks, bad connectors, and more.
Instead of opening the fiber at the splice point and causing service interruptions, all you need to do is clamp the Live Traffic Identifier on the fiber. It works by detecting the optical signals being transmitted through the fiber. By using a non-destructive macro-bend detection technology, it doesn't damage or overstress the fiber.
The identifier detects low-frequency tones at 270 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz. When it detects traffic on the fiber being tested, it sounds an audible alarm. In addition, an LED indicates the traffic direction.
Because the Identifier uses InGaAs detectors, you can use it on single-mode and multimode cable with wavelengths ranging from 850 to 1700 nm.
- (1) Live Traffic Identifier
- (2) AAA Batteries
- (1) Carrying Case
- (3) Adapters
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.