EC Series KVM Switch for PS/2 Servers and Consoles - 4-Port
Perfect for all PS/2 switching and control!
- 1 User can easily access up to 4 computers that support VGA and PS/2 Keyboard and mouse
- The User Port can support VGA Video and PS/2 Keyboards and Mice
- Support for VGA resolutions up to 1920x1440
- Autoscan selects servers sequentially and programming function eliminates unused servers from a scan.
- Resolutions up to 1920 x 1440.
- System settings and computer names stored in non-volatile memory.
- Hot-pluggable keyboard and mouse ports.
- Password protected for added security.
- Hotkey functions save time and enable quick access.
- Plug-and-play configuration.
- DDC2B compatible.
- Assign unique names to servers.
- Saves and stores keyboard settings while switching.
This operating system-independent KVM switch gives you a practical way to manage multiple PS/2 servers and consoles without wasting valuable workspace. Plus, it's cascadable, so you can expand your system as your demands change.
Our ServSwitch™ EC KVM Switch for PS/2 Servers and Consoles is the perfect - and practical - way to manage multiple PS/2 servers and consoles where usable space is at a premium.
If you set up these units in a cascade configuration, you can rapidly expand and contract system capabilities as your demands change. Cascade up to 16 servers with the 4-port model. Best of all, this ServSwitch EC KVM Switch is plug-and-play, so you can add or subtract servers almost as quickly as you can plug and unplug cables.
A simple yet well-designed on-screen display makes these units very easy to use. You can choose names for each server that make sense to you and for your application. Then, you can identify and select each server with those same naming conventions.
You can monitor the status of each server and use the programmable auto-scan function to select your servers sequentially. And you don't waste time - the auto-scan feature filters unused servers from the list automatically so you don't have to deal with unnecessary information.
System settings and name entries are stored in non-volatile memory so you don't have to worry about a sudden power surge or shutdown wiping out your information.
The ServSwitch EC KVM Switch also saves your keyboard settings for each server and restores them when you come back to that particular machine.
Most of all, this switch provides tangible results when it comes to network management.
You save space by eliminating the need for monitors, keyboards, and mice for each server you have. Likewise, you lose the significant costs associated with those kinds of redundant purchases.
Most importantly, you increase control and efficiency by centralizing the management of multiple servers with the same or different platforms - and with network management, that's the real bottom line.
- (1) Power Supply
- (1) Set of Foot Pads
- (2) Brackets
- (1) User Manual
Master units can only cascade to slave units that have the same or fewer number of ports.
Product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.