Async RS232 Extender over CATx - DB9 Female to Terminal Block
Extender async RS232 devices beyond the 50 ft limitation using CATx cables at data rates up to 115.2 kbps and reach distances of 4000 ft.
- Full duplex operation over 4-wire CATx
- Data rate up to 115.2 kbps
- Range of up to 6.4 km (4 miles) at 9.6 kbps over 24 AWG lines
- Ideal for point-of-sale applications.
- The ME800A-R4 is backwards compatible with the ME800A-R3.
- At a maximum speed of 115.2-kbps, you can go up to 4000 feet.
- It must be used in pairs.
RS-232 is the most common serial interface in use today. This means you can use your SHM-C in RS-232 installations - industrial applications; security systems; UNIX®, DEC2, and HP® workstation connectivity; and more.
Choose our 4-Wire SHM-C Async to transmit data up to 4 miles (6.4 km). Run loopback tests simply by pressing a front-panel button. Open the flip-top lid for quick DTE/DCE selection.
Transformer and optical isolation protect your data from electrical interference.
SHM–C Async Modems must be used in pairs. This model is also backwards compatible with the ME800A-R3
Product works with:
- CAT5 Unshielded 100-MHz Solid Bulk Cable (EYN717A-1000)
- DB9 Serial Extension Cable, M/F (BC00200)
- DB9 Serial Extension Cable, M/M (BC00240-0006)
- Serial AT Adapter, DB9 M to DB25 F (FA521A-R3)
- Serial AT Adapter, DB9 F to DB25 M (FA520A-R5)
- Short-Haul Modem–B (ME800A-R3, etc.)
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.