3G-SDI/HD-SDI to HDMI Converter
A low-cost way to use a standard HDMI screen instead of a pricey SDI display for SDI monitoring.
- Converts serial digital interface video for output to an HDMI display.
- Supports 3G-SDI (3 Gbps), HD-SDI, and SD-SDI input on coax BNC.
- Also has SDI loopout for a local SDI monitor or daisychaining.
- Handles higher SDI bit rates of 2.97 Gbps (3G-SDI).
- Autodetects SDI video standard on its 75-ohm coax input.
- Supports 1080p HDMI video with Deep Color depth.
- Reclocks SDI data for low-jitter video output.
- Provides up to eight-channel audio support.
- No software or driver installation required.
Essential for any professional video and broadcast engineering application, this handy converter enables you to connect a 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, or SD-SDI source for output on an HDMI display. This way, you can repurpose an ordinary LCD for video monitoring in your SDI setup.
The affordably priced device provides digitally pure SDI-to-HDMI conversion, ensuring no loss in the conversion for both video and audio signaling.
Use it in a TV studio, post-production, digital cinema, or AV application where you need to show uncompressed digital video from professional video equipment on a consumer-grade HDTV.
Even better, it features SDI loop-out via a second coax connector. This way you can display a 3G-SDI signal from a camera on an HDMI panel while simultaneously outputting the 3G-SDI signal to a second SDI device for local monitoring. Or use the loop-out to daisy-chain to additional SDI equipment.
The 3G-SDI/HD-SDI to HDMI Converter processes up to eight channels of audio, including 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel audio in addition to HDMI video. If your SDI source device supplies multiple channels of surround sound or Dolby® TrueHD audio, for example, the converter outputs the same number of channels for the HDMI connector's pinning.
For both older and newer SDI interfaces, the converter processes bit rates from 270 Mbps up to 2.97 Gbps.
Cable equalization helps compensate for loss when connecting the converter to an SDI source at maximum standard distances*.
- AC Power Adapter
- User Manual
Distance depends on the characteristics and quality of the cable and the type of SDI source. Cable equalization supports maximum distances of 300 feet (90 m) for 3G-SDI; 500 feet (150 m) for HD-SDI; and 1000 feet (300 m) for SD-SDI.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.