- Autodetects SDI standard on its 75-ohm coax outputs.
- EDID learning for optimal source-to-screen communications.
- Handles higher SDI bandwidth of 2.97 Gbps (3G-SDI).
- Provides up to eight-channel audio support.
- No software or driver installation required.
- Easy to configure using DIP switches.
- Wall-mountable for space-saving installation.
Ideal for professional video and broadcast engineering applications, this handy converter enables you to connect an HDMI source to a 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, or SD-SDI display. This way, you can use a consumer electronics device or a camera with HDMI output in your SDI setup.
The affordably priced device supports an array of HD video formats and provides digitally pure HDMI-to-SDI conversion, ensuring no loss in the conversion for both video and audio signaling.
Use it in a TV studio, post-production, digital cinema, or AV application where you need to show uncompressed digital video from an HDMI source on a professional SDI monitor or connect an HDMI camera to SDI switching equipment.
It also features SDI loop-out via a second coax connector. This way you can display a video on two SDI monitors, one locally and the second one in another room. Or use the loop-out to daisy-chain to additional SDI equipment.
You can also combine it in an application with our 3G-SDI/HD-SDI to HDMI Converter (VSC-SDI-HDMI) to extend HDMI over coax.
The HDMI to 3G-SDI/HD-SDI Converter processes up to eight channels of audio, including 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel audio in addition to HDMI video. It can be used with surround sound or Dolby® TrueHD audio equipment.
For both older and newer SDI interfaces, the converter processes bit rates from 270 Mbps up to 2.97 Gbps.