- Black Box Catalog
- Cabinets, Racks & Enclosures
- Carts & Storage
- Control Systems
- Digital Signage
- Jacks, Panels, & Hardware
- Power Solutions
- Premises Security
- Testers & Tools
- Video & Multimedia
- Voice Communications
The Ethernet standard supports 10-, 100-, and 1000-Mbps speeds. It supports both half- and full-duplex configurations over twisted-pair and fiber cable, as well as half-duplex over coax cable.
However, the Thick and ThinNet Ethernet standards support only 10-Mbps speeds.
Standard (Thick) Ethernet (10BASE5)
• Uses “Thick” coax cable with N-type connectors for a backbone and a transceiver cable with 15-pin connectors from the transceiver to the network interface card.
• The maximum number of segments is five, but only three can have computers attached. The others are for network extension.
• The maximum length of one segment is 500 meters.
• The maximum total length of all segments is 2500 meters.
• The maximum length of one transceiver cable is 50 meters.
• The minimum distance between transceivers is 2.5 meters.
• No more than 100 transceiver connections per segment are allowed. A repeater counts as a station for both segments.
Thin Ethernet (ThinNet) (10BASE2)
• Uses “Thin” coax cable (RG-58A/U or RG-58C/U).
• The maximum length of one segment is 185 meters.
• The maximum number of segments is five.
• The maximum total length of all segments is 925 meters.
• The minimum distance between T-connectors is 0.5 meters.
• No more than 30 connections per segment are allowed.
• T-connectors must be plugged directly into each device.
Black Box has partnered with Synnex to fulfill all Black Box GSA product orders. Black Box products are now available on Synnex GSA schedule GS-35F-1043-R.
Orders or Quotes - If you already know which specific Black Box products you need you can contact Synnex directly to request a quote or place an order by calling 877-230-5680 or email email@example.com
Technical Support or Product Selection - If you need technical and design support or help with product selection, Black Box will continue to assist you. Please contact us at 877-877-2269 or info@Blackbox.com.