- Black Box Catalog
- Cabinets, Racks & Enclosures
- Carts & Storage
- Control Systems
- Digital Signage
- Jacks, Panels, & Hardware
- Power Solutions
- Premises Security
- Testers & Tools
- Video & Multimedia
- Voice Communications
Simply put, remote power control is the ability to reset or reboot PC, LAN, telecom, and other computer equipment without being at the equipment’s location.
Who needs remote power control? Any organization with a network that reaches remote sites. This can include branch offices, unmanned information kiosks, remote monitoring stations, alarm and control systems, and even HVAC systems.
When equipment locks up at remote sites, it is usually up to the system manager at headquarters to reset it. Often, there aren’t any technically trained personnel at the remote site who can perform maintenance and resets on equipment. So, in order to save traveling time and minimize downtime, remote power control enables the system manager to take care of things at the office without ever leaving home!
Remote power control can be done with modems or existing or special phone lines. The ideal system uses “out-of-band management,“ an alternate path over an ordinary dialup line that doesn’t interfere with network equipment.
An effective remote power control system incorporates the following:
• An existing phone line, such as a line being used for a fax, modem, or phone.
• Transparent operation. The system shouldn’t interfere with or be affected by normal calls.
• Security features. The system should prevent unauthorized access to network equipment.
• Flexibility. System managers should be able to dial in from anywhere and control multiple devices with one call.
• Have power control devices that meet UL® and FCC requirements.
Black Box has partnered with Synnex to fulfill all Black Box GSA product orders. Black Box products are now available on Synnex GSA schedule GS-35F-1043-R.
Orders or Quotes - If you already know which specific Black Box products you need you can contact Synnex directly to request a quote or place an order by calling 877-230-5680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Support or Product Selection - If you need technical and design support or help with product selection, Black Box will continue to assist you. Please contact us at 877-877-2269 or info@Blackbox.com.