For serial device extensions, transmits RS-232 (TX/GND) signals.
Use ordinary copper UTP cable to distribute analog RGB video to a remote room with the MediaCento™ VX system. When receiving signals from a compatible transmitter in the family, this receiver enables VGA video along with stereo audio and serial signals to be distributed up to 1000 feet (300 m).
Because the transmitter and receiver install directly into an existing non-networked CATx infrastructure, integration is easy. There's no longer the need to pull new VGA cables to distribute video to distant monitors and displays.
The system supports the most common VGA resolutions, including WUXGA (1920 x 1200), Full HD (1920 x 1080), and UXGA (1600 x 1200) video on analog connectors, even at the longer distances.
What's more, unique equalizer (sharpness), gain (brightness), and RGB skew controls on the receiver make it easy to fine-tune the video image quality over longer CATx cable runs.
MediaCento VX is great for:
- Any digital signage application with VGA screens near CATx wallplates.
- Sending video to distant classroom monitors in schools.
- Sharing video with older VGA monitors in control rooms.
- Distributing legacy VGA video across a hospital campus.
- Extending corporate video to monitors in different rooms.
- Anywhere you need to quickly manage video output on groups of screens (government buildings, transit stations, malls, and retail stores).