USB to RS232/422/485 Converter - DB9, 8-Port
The USB to RS232, RS422/485 converter allows you to connect eight non-USB RS232 or RS422/485 DB9 devices to your USB bus.
- Use an external USB connection to get the extra COM ports you need.
- Make serial connections easy by putting your peripherals on your PC's USB bus.
- No more internal serial adapters. Keep your serial peripheral connections on your PC's exterior.
- Data rates up to 460.8 kbps for RS-232 and 921 kbps for RS-422/RS-485.Plug-and-play.
- Powered by the USB bus.
- Support USB version 1.1.
- Powered by the USB bus.
- Data rates up to 460.8 kbps for RS-232 and 921 kbps for RS-422/RS-485.
- No I/O ports or IRQs required.
Windows® 98/Me/XP and Windows 2000 compatible.
Use an external USB connection to get the extra COM ports you need.
Why install an internal serial adapter to get extra COM ports when using an external USB connection makes more sense? Our USB Hubs convert your serial devices to USB-adaptable peripherals without sacrificing serial connection speeds.
The hubs feature high-speed UARTs with 128-byte FIFO transmit buffers and 384-byte FIFO receive buffers. With data rates of up to 921 kbps for RS-422/485 and 460 kbps for RS-232, these hubs are among the fastest USB serial devices in the industry!
They're also ideal for connecting devices in harsh environments where communication lines may be affected by noise and voltage spikes. Not only do the USB Hubs give you industrial-quality serial connections, but they also support automatic RS-485 data enable/disable and include a DB9 connector that's backward-compatible with PCI and ISA RS-422 products.
The USB Hubs connect easily to peripheral serial devices in external plug-and-play fashion. Because they're hot-swappable, you can install them without having to power down your PC.
Each hub comes with all necessary drivers, utilities, and help files for quick setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP operating systems. Simply load the included software drivers, then connect the hub to your USB port and a serial device (printer, bar-code scanner, etc.). The hub even autoconfigures itself, enabling hassle-free, seamless integration into your existing application.
Choose from three models. You can configure each of the ports individually using internal DIP switches.
- CD that includes user's manual plus software for setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP
- (1) 6-ft. (1.8-m) USB cable
Product works with:
• Universal Serial Bus (USB) Cable (USB01)
Questions? Contact our FREE Tech Support.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.