DVI-D and Stereo Audio Fiber Extender Kit - Multimode
Send DVI multimedia over a single multimode fiber to remote screens.
- Transmits single-link DVI resolutions (up to 1920 x 1200) plus stereo audio over one multimode fiber.
- No scaling, adjustments, calibration, or de-skewing required.
- Supports fiber distances up to 750 meters (2460.6 ft.).
- Also supports HDTV resolutions of 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p (DVI format).
- Multiplexes signals on a single fiber with no pixel skewing.
- Receiver has dual DVI outputs for connecting two display devices.
- Supports DVI video output distances of 16 feet (4.8 m).
- Transmitter has a local DVI loop-through port for a monitor. It can also be used to read EDID data from a monitor.
- EDID information can also be generated internally, and captured and stored in the transmitter.
- Features two audio channels and boasts a very low skew between audio and video.
- Compact enclosures. Install in tight spaces, hidden behind the source, and display equipment.
- It enables you to distribute content to the public and keep the video sources locked away in a secure location.
Take DVI video farther without using a lot of cables or worrying about the quality of the picture at the far end. Take it over fiber - a single multimode fiber, in fact!
This DVI and Stereo Audio Extender Kit for Multimode Fiber makes it easy to extend HD-quality video and stereo audio for crystal-clear DVI video and sound at a remote location. It's just what you need to transmit 1080i and 1080p video and stereo audio to the distant rooms in your digital signage or multimedia network.
Truly plug and play, the extender system requires no de-skewing, scaling, compression, or color space conversion. And because it uses just one multimode fiber for transport, you can make better use of optical fibers in your installation.
Use the extender combo to transmit single-link DVI (from 640 x 480 resolution up to 1920 x 1200 at 165-MHz pixel clock). Advanced circuitry equalizes and re-clocks noisy and distorted DVI input signals before transmitting over fiber, ensuring pristine digital video output from an array of DVI sources.
The system is easy to set up. No fine-tuning of the image is necessary. You just connect your PC to the DVI input on the transmitter unit and connect the display devices via DVI connectors on the receiver unit. Audio input and output are through stereo jacks on both transmitter and receiver boxes.
To monitor video on the local side, simply plug in a DVI-compatible screen via the loop-through input on the transmitter unit. This output display, as well as those linked remotely, can be up to 16 feet (4.8 m) from the extender system.
The DVI and Stereo Audio Extender Kit for Multimode Fiber brings a higher level of security to your application, too. Simply lock the PC-based video source in a control room as far as 45 feet (13.7 m) from the transmitter and set up the loop-through monitor in an area easily viewable by others. There's no PC or other video source at the remote end to be tampered with, and fiber optic cable is extremely difficult to tap.
Plus, with fiber, you get interference-free communications even in electronically noisy areas and more consistent performance than competing high-performance CATx technologies. It's completely immune to many environmental factors that affect copper cables, such as electromagnetic interference and radio-frequency interference (EMI/RFI). For this reason, this system can be used in areas with a lot of interference-emitting equipment.
It also benefits broadcast applications where you want to keep a noisy PC away from the audio pickups in the studio, as well as any area where there simply isn't room for both a PC and a display.
Need to go farther than 750 meters? Then see our DVI Fiber Extender Kit (AC1037A), which transmits over a single-mode fiber as far as 15 kilometers (9.3 mi.).
Distance specifications are approximate.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.