USB to RS232 Converter - DB9, 4-Port
The USB to RS232 converter allows you to connect four non-USB RS232 DB9 device to your USB bus.
- Enables you to add a serial port to your PC, laptop, Thin client, or server via a single USB port.
- An easy, economical alternative to installing a serial board in your PC.
- Port speeds up to 230 kbps.
- Configurable COM port assignment.
- Wide range of operating system support for Windows® users
- No external power required.
- Supports USB version 1.1
- Powered by the USB bus
- RS-232 data rates up to 460.8 kbps.
- No I/O ports or IRQs required
Windows® 98/Me/XP and Windows 2000 compatible.
Use an external USB connection to get the extra COM ports you need.
Why install an internal serial adapter to get extra COM ports when using an external USB connection makes more sense? This USB Hub converts your serial RS-232 devices to USB-adaptable peripherals without sacrificing serial connection speeds.
The hub features high-speed UARTs with 128-byte FIFO transmit buffers and 384-byte FIFO receive buffers. It connects easily to peripheral serial devices in an external plug-and-play fashion. Because it's hot-swappable, you can install it without having to power down your PC.
The hub comes with all necessary drivers, utilities, and help files for quick setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP operating systems. Simply load the included software drivers, then connect the hub to your USB port and an RS-232 serial device.
- USB Hub
- (1) 6-ft. (1.8-m) USB Cable
- CD with User Manual plus Software for setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.