Outlet-Managed PDU - 1U, 20-Amp, Dual-Circuit, 120-VAC, 8-Outlet
Secure outlet level metering, monitoring, and control remotely from anywhere.
- Remote and timed individual outlet switching
- Switch power on/off for individual or grouped network devices
- Automatically notify of changes in current levels, circuit breaker status, temperature, unauthorized access attempts, ping response, and more
- Notifies via e-mail, text, SNMP, SYSLOG, and audible alarms when user-defined thresholds are exceeded
- Generate reports with detailed records of current and power consumption
- Go green, save energy by shutting off power to equipment during downtimes
Networks today demand 98%+ uptime. When it's your job to make sure your network equipment is up and running, Black Box Outlet-Managed PDUs can be one of your best friends in the data center.
One of these switched PDUs will keep an eye on your network equipment no matter if you're in the office, across the country, or asleep at home at 3 a.m. You'll know if something is going wrong so you can correct the situation before it turns into a crisis. The PDU will automatically notify you via e-mail, text message, SNMP, or SYSLOG when changes in current levels, temperature, circuit breaker status, and other factors exceed threshold values that you set. This gives you the chance to reboot your rack-mounted equipment when devices aren't responding; disable outlets to reduce current consumption, or even switch on cooling devices to lower the rack/cabinet temperature. You can reboot equipment over the Internet, via a text message, through an external modem, or a local terminal plugged into the RS-232 port. The PDU also features a 10/100BASE-T port for network connections.
Individual or group play.
One of the best features of these PDUs is the ability to remotely switch one outlet, a group, or a branch, or to switch a whole group of outlets. You can also set the PDU to monitor one outlet, a group, or a branch of outlets.
Sound the alarm.
The PDU boasts a robust selection of monitoring features to help you keep tabs on vital network equipment, avoid costly service calls, and maximize uptime. You can customize the PDU to your network by selecting the alarms and setting individual thresholds.
Use the PDU to alert you when:
- The temperature gets too high.
- An outlet is on, but the connected device is off.
- The power supply has been interrupted.
- Current consumption increases or decreases.
- An outlet draws excessive current.
- Equipment fails to respond to ping commands.
- Excessive invalid passwords are attempted.
Another great feature of these switched PDUs is that you can set them to respond automatically in case you're not there. Set the parameters for the PDUs to disable outlets to reduce current consumption or to switch on cooling devices. If the current load goes too high, it intelligently sheds load by temporarily shutting down non-essential devices.
You can also set the PDU to ping equipment at set intervals. If the equipment doesn't respond, the PDU automatically reboots the outlets. You can also set alarms in case you lose communications on the ports.
Plus, you can use the PDU to alert you when there are multiple login attempts on the 10/100 network and serial ports. The PDU features SSHv2 encryption, HTTPS/SSL secure Web, and an embedded validation FIPS 140-2 cryptographic module. It also offers multiple methods of remote authentication: LDAP, Kerberos, RADIUS, and TACACS+. Additionally, it has IP address filtering and four levels of security for user accounts with plug-specific password protection.
Go green and save power.
Use the Outlet-Managed PDU to conserve energy in the data center by setting scheduled shutdowns to turn off unused equipment during off-hours.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.