MultiPower Miniature Fast Ethernet (100-Mbps) Media Converter - 10/100-Mbps Copper to 100-Mbps Multimode Fiber, 1300nm, 2km
Extend LAN reach with fiber media converters.
- Compliant to EN62368
- Brings fiber to the desktop at a lower cost than installing fiber NICs
- Connects Ethernet or Fast Ethernet to fiber optic cable
- Measures just 1.8" W x 3.35" L x 0.83" H
- Autonegotiates for speed and duplex
- A DIP switch enables Link Fault Pass-Through to be turned on and off for better troubleshooting
- Powered by a universal AC power supply, a PC's USB port, or the optional rackmountable PowerTray
- Auto MDI/MDI-X means you never need to worry about what kind of cable to use
Black Box® Multipower Miniature Media Converters make it easy to bring fiber to the desktop. Just connect a Miniature Media Converter to your PC's copper port with a CAT5 cable, then connect a fiber cable to the converter's other side. That's all there is to it! Best of all, you can tuck these tiny converters unobtrusively behind your PC.
The converters not only link 10- and 100-Mbps segments to fiber cabling, they also work as data rate converters, performing 10/100 autonegotiation on the twisted-pair port.
For extra versatility, you can power the Multipower Miniature Media Converter one of three ways: through the external AC power supply included with each converter, through the optional USB Power Adapter Cable (LHC021A), which plugs into a PC's USB port and is sold separately, or through the optional rackmount PowerTray (LHC018A-AC-R2).
Media Converter Fast Ethernet Multimode 1300nm 2km ST. 10/100Mbps copper to 100Mbps fiber. Typical Enterprise applications include LAN extension, fiber mode conversion, or Ethernet speed conversion. These media converters feature a small metal enclosure that can be used stand alone or inserted into a high density rack mount chassis, LHC018A-AC-R2. Converters include an external 100-240VAC power adapter with US and Europe plug clips. Converters may also be powered from a USB port using the LHC021A USB power cable. The LHC018A-AC-R2 chassis is 1.5U high, has slots for up to 18 media converters, and includes a 100-240VAC power supply. The media converters are unmanaged, plug and play with no configuration.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.