LBH2001 Series Gigabit Ethernet (1000-Mbps) Hardened Temperature Switch - (2) 10/100/1000-Mbps Copper RJ45, (1) 1000-Mbps Multimode Fiber, 850nm, 550m, SC
Switch at Gigabit speeds between copper and multimode fiber in industrial areas at distances of up to 550 meters on 50-μm fiber or 220 meters on 62.5-μm.
- A combination hardened edge switch and media converter.
- Enables you to convert copper to optical fiber.
- Includes two 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper switch ports and one 1000-Mbps fiber multimode SC port.
- Converts 1000BASE-T to 1000BASE-SX multimode fiber.
- Withstands temperatures of -13 to +140º F (-25 to +60º C).
- Switch traffic between a Gigabit-speed fiber multimode backbone and two copper Gigabit segments.
- Or use the second copper port to provide access to other Ethernet devices.
- Supports distances up to 550 meters (1804.4 ft.) on 50-um fiber or 220 meters (721.8 ft.) on 62.5-um fiber.
- Features high-grade components and special thermal design for industrial use.
- Robust steel case protects circuitry and communications from the demands of factory applications.
- No internal airflow required for cooling. The convection case works as a heat sink.
- Resists dirt, debris, moisture, smoke, and insects (IEC529 IP40 rated).
- Designed for NEBS compliance to withstand shock, vibration, and high altitudes.
- Copper ports auto-negotiate to network and device speeds.
- Autocross (MDI-X) on the copper side. Cascade easily without the need for a crossover cable.
- Provides full 10-, 100-, and 1000-Mbps switching for high-performance LANs.
- Supports VLANs. Retrieves and transmits 802.1q tagged data packets unchanged.
- Use store-and-forward type switching to eliminate bad packet propagation and maximize bandwidth.
- Dynamically allocates buffer space, minimizing the dropping of frames on congested ports.
- Collision-based flow control (half-duplex mode only) stops frames from entering when buffer queue space is low.
- Internal addresses are self-learning. Change port connections or domains without affecting operations.
- Operates transparent to software.
- Plug-and-play installation.
- Includes metal panel mounting clips.
- RoHS compliant.
This compact networking device combines the functions of a copper-to-fiber media converter with that of a Gigabit-speed edge switch.
Featuring the two 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper switch ports and one 1000-Mbps multimode fiber SC port, the Hardened Mini Gigabit Switch reliably connects segments in harsh factory floor environments, particularly at the network edge, as well as connections in the wiring closet and office areas.
It's just what you need to expand your Ethernet network in a convenient, compact, and economical way. You can also transfer data longer distances, far beyond what's possible with ordinary copper Ethernet cabling links.
And because it transfers Ethernet packets at Gigabit speeds over fiber, you can ensure secure and interference-free extensions for your data-sensitive, bandwidth-intensive applications.
What's more, as a hardened networking solution, it features a sealed metal case that protects internal circuitry from dirt, dust, moisture, and other harmful contaminants. The Hardened Media Converter Switch also features an efficient thermal design, so no air inflow is required for cooling.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.