- Designed for NEBS compliance to withstand shock, vibration, and high altitudes.
- Switch traffic between a Gigabit-speed fiber Singlemode backbone and two copper Gigabit segments. Or use the second copper port to provide access to other Ethernet devices.
- Copper ports auto-negotiate to network and device speeds.
- Autocross (MDI-X) on the copper side. Cascade easily without the need for a crossover cable.
- Provides full 10-, 100-, and 1000-Mbps switching for high-performance LANs.
- Supports VLANs. Retrieves and transmits 802.1q tagged data packets unchanged.
- Use store-and-forward type switching to eliminate bad packet propagation and maximize bandwidth.
- Dynamically allocates buffer space, minimizing the dropping of frames on congested ports.
- Collision-based flow control (half-duplex mode only) stops frames from entering when buffer queue space is low.
- Internal addresses are self-learning. Change port connections or domains without affecting operations.
- Operates transparent to software.
- Plug-and-play installation.
- Includes metal panel mounting clips.
- RoHS compliant.
This compact networking device combines the functions of a copper-to-fiber media converter with that of a Gigabit-speed switch for use in very harsh areas.
Featuring the two 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper switch ports and one 1000-Mbps Singlemode fiber LC port, the Extreme Media Converter Switch reliably connects segments in heavy-duty industrial areas and temperature-uncontrolled environments, particularly outdoors.
It's just what you need to expand your Ethernet network in a convenient, compact, and economical way- plus transfer data longer distances, far beyond what's possible with ordinary copper Ethernet cabling links.
And because it transfers Ethernet packets at Gigabit speeds over fiber, you can ensure secure and interference-free extensions for your data-sensitive, bandwidth-intensive applications.
What's more, as an extreme-environment networking solution, it features a sealed metal case that protects internal circuitry from dirt, dust, moisture*, and other harmful contaminants. The Extreme Media Converter Switch also features an efficient thermal design, so no air inflow is required for cooling, and it can be used in very hot or very cold installations, in temperatures ranging from -40 to +167° F (-40 to +75° C).
* NOTE: When used outdoors, the switch should be protected from falling rain.