EC Series KVM Switch for PS/2 and USB Servers and PS/2 or USB Consoles, 4-Port
Control up to 4 PS/2 and USB servers from your desktop!
- 1 User can easily access up to 4 computers that support VGA Video with USB or PS/2 Keyboard and mouse. Kit includes (4) CPU Cables for computer connections.
- The User Port can support VGA Video and USB or PS/2 Keyboards and Mice
- Support for VGA resolutions up to 1920x1440
- Choose the console mode by sliding a switch on the back panel.
- Save rack space - only 1U high!
- Supports Microsoft® IntelliMouse® (Pro).
- Operating system independent and transparent to all applications.
- Switch manually or use Autoscan, which selects servers sequentially.
- Assign unique names to servers.
- Save and store keyboard settings while switching.
- Hot-pluggable keyboard/mouse ports.
- Password protected.
- Plug-and-play configuration.
- DDC2B compatible.
- Kit bundle includes the switch plus four 6-ft. (1.8-m) ServSwitch EC USB Server Cables (EHN9000U-0006) for connecting the switch to USB servers.
Use a USB console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor) to control PS/2® and/or USB servers with the ServSwitch EC for PS/2 and USB Servers and PS/2 or USB Consoles Kit, 4-Port.
Expand your system.
Switch between four servers from a single console. To expand your switching platform to include additional servers, simply cascade units in a master-slave configuration to control up to 16 servers. The ServSwitch EC is plug-and-play, so you can add or subtract servers almost as quickly as you can plug and unplug cables.
Eight-port and 16-port models are also available, as are other models for PS/2 and/or USB switching; see the "Similar Products" tab for details.
Ideal for applications where you have a limited amount of space, the 1U-high ServSwitch EC can be used on the desktop or mounted in a rack or cabinet.
To save more space, the keyboard, monitor, and mouse circuitry is concentrated in a single HD15 connector at the server end. This way, you have fewer cables to install when making server connections.
A simple yet well-designed on-screen display makes these switches very easy to use for managing server connections. You can assign 14-character server names that make sense to you.
Switch between servers using front-panel buttons or hotkeys. Or you can let the switch do it automatically with its Autoscan function. The ServSwitch EC will scan and switch between servers, one by one, at an interval that you determine. When Autoscan detects any keyboard or mouse activity, it suspends the scanning until activity stops, and then resumes with the next computer in sequence.
Set it and forget it.
System settings and name entries are stored in non-volatile memory so you don't have to worry about a power outage wiping out your information. The ServSwitch EC also saves your keyboard settings for each server and restores them when you come back to that machine.
The front panel includes port LEDs, which light with the corresponding active port when you switch between servers. You can also use the on-screen display to view the connection status on each port and lock servers from unauthorized users.
With video enhancement technology that ensures superb quality and resolutions up to 1920 x 1440, the ServSwitch EC is DDC2B compatible, so it can be used with the latest digital monitors. What's more, the switch is operating-system independent and transparent to all applications
- ServSwitch EC
- AC Power Adapter
- Set of Foot Pads
- (2) Mounting Brackets
- (4) 6-ft. (1.8-m) ServSwitch EC USB Server Cables (EHN9000U-0006)
- User Manual
When cascading multiple units, the master must have the same number as or more ports than the slave. The ServSwitch EC for PS/2 and USB Servers and PS/2 or USB Consoles, 4-Port can also be cascaded with PS/2 only models (KV9004A, KV9008A, and KV9016A). To order these, see the "Similar Products" tab.
Product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.