Async RS232 to RS485 Interface Converter - DB25 to Terminal Block
Convert async RS232 to RS485 at speeds up to 115.2 kbps with distances up to 4000 ft. over CATx cables.
- Transmit data up to 115 kbps or at distancesup to 4000-ft.
- Operates in point to point or multipoint applications.
- 2-wire operation half-duplex only.
- Async (data leads) only.
- Up to 32 RS485 devices can be attached to create a large multi-drop network.
- Transmitter is always on or controlled by data or RTS.
- Range of up to 4000 feet (1219.2 m).
- Transparent operation.
- DB25 is configured as DCE.
- No RTS toggle required.
- Powered from RS-232 signals.
- Pass transmit and receive data in each direction.
Tired of trying to figure out how to configure DCE equipment? Our Black Box® Async RS-232 to 2-Wire RS-485 Interface Bidirectional Converter is ready to go right out of the box - no configuration is necessary. In minutes, your data will fly between RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces at speeds up to a zippy 115.2 kbps!
The Async RS-232 to 2-Wire RS-485 Interface Bidirectional Converter provides big-time performance in a small package. It derives its power from RS-232 data and control signals, so no batteries or clunky AC power adapters are required.
Transmit and receive data are passed in each direction. You get async, point-to-point operation for your 2-wire, half-duplex applications. Connector options include DB25 female connectors matched with either an RJ-45 connector or a terminal block with built-in strain relief.
Get the distance you need, too. The Async RS-232 to 2-Wire RS-485 Interface Bidirectional Converter has a range of up to 4000 feet (1219.2 m). Once installed, the converter operates transparently as if there were a standard cable connection. All data signals from the RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces are passed straight through.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.