Async RS232/RS485 or Current Loop Multipoint Extender -ST Fiber DB9 Female
Extend RS232, RS485 or Current loop protocols over multimode fiber so different types of equipment can talk to one another in point to point or multipoint environments.
- Supports RS-232, RS-485, or Current Loop installations.
- Speeds as high as 128 kbps
- Ideal for electrically "noisy" industrial applications.
- Provides centralized control of a multipoint polled system from just one PC.
- Three modes: network; master/slave; or full-duplex, point-to-point
- Monitor and control up to 64 industrial devices—time clocks, conveyor belts, even printers and controllers
Fiber optic cable is immune to the EMI and RFI generated by heavy-duty motors and industrial machinery. And that's why the BLACK BOX Fiber Optic Multipoint Line Driver is the perfect choice for data communications in even the harshest industrial settings.
Use this line driver to connect RS-232, RS-485, or Current Loop devices. You can configure the line driver in any of three modes: network; master/slave; or full-duplex, point-to-point. Then you can monitor and control up to 64 industrial devices, time clocks, conveyor belts, even printers and controllers, all from one central site. Using the inherent benefits of fiber optic cable, you can completely automate your factory operations, just call Black Box!
You'll enjoy increased data speeds, too: up to 20 kbps for Current Loop, 64 kbps for RS-232, and 128 kbps for RS-485.
For this line driver, we recommend using 62.5-micron, multimode fiber optic cable. Of course, fiber optic cable eliminates the threat of power surges and the need for surge protection equipment. And fiber cable is basically tamper proof, giving you extra security.
Must be used in pairs.
Product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.