- Latches the A/B position to keep signals moving even if power is lost.
- Enables individual or simultaneous (ganged) control of circuits.
- Switch manually, electronically via a local RS-232 console, or remotely over a TCP/IP network.
- Lockable switch with removable key for securing gang switching control.
- Features highly reliable internal telecommunications relays.
- Transparent to data rates, protocols, formats, and signal levels.
- Compact, 1U-high rack-mountable chassis.
- Includes dual power inputs for redundancy.
- Daisychain multiple units for up to 4080 ports or 255 chassis.
Use this Layer 1 switching system to add network backup and failover switching to your data networks. It's ideal for mission-critical applications, including classified information and military systems, broadcast networks, and stock exchanges.
With the Pro Switching System 1U NBS, it's very simple to switch all users from the main network to a backup network. Locally, this is done using a momentary toggle switch on the chassis' front or from a serial RS-232 workstation. But it also supports control from a remote workstation via its 10BASE-T Ethernet port. Through this TCP/IP connection, you can switch and monitor the system's circuits using Telnet, SNMP, or a Web browser link.
The switching system also features auto bypass and auto-recovery functions. If the "normal" network paths between the chassis and the device being monitored go down for any reason, the chassis will automatically switch from the normal connection state to the bypass, or failover, connection state.
This model switches four leads (Pins 1/2 and 3/6) on the RJ-45 ports. It's designed for use in 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet, T1 circuit switching, and similar applications where no more than two pairs of leads are used. (We also offer models that switch all eight leads of the RJ-45 connectors.)
Each switching circuit has a common (C) port that's latched to its associated A or B port, which means it passes signals even if the chassis is without AC power. Because its relays are physically latched into position, once a position is set, it stays set. The switch circuit is as reliable as the CATx cables connected to it.
A key-lockable switch secures the gang switching function. With the key-lock switch in the enabled position, all ports in the Pro Switching System 1U NBS can be simultaneously switched by pressing the momentary toggle switch on the chassis' front.
Port settings are also software controllable, so you can toggle a connected device from the A to the B position from a workstation. You not only have reliable network paths, but you can automate switching to control individual settings.
Need to add ports later? Simply daisy-chain multiple Pro Switching System 1U NBS chassis together - up to 255 in all - and control them as a single system.