Beyond a Return to Work: Creating Modern Spaces to Collaborate (Part 2 of 3)
RECONNECT Meeting Rooms for Meaningful Collaboration
The post-pandemic return to work is becoming a reality. Organizations and their employees must now navigate hybrid work schedules, occupancy restrictions, hoteling systems, and IoT devices that may have been added while they worked from home (as well as new devices they’re bringing with them to the workplace). Some employees view this as an exciting time of change and new technology. Others may be frustrated by the hiccups associated with that change.
During times when employees are forced to adapt quickly to new situations and technology, it’s important that companies step back and take time to make infrastructure decisions based on the new normal now and in the future.
For example, while some organizations quickly added huddle rooms in response to the pandemic, they may not have given careful thought to designing those rooms in a way that promotes agile teams and processes. As a result, people who meet in those rooms now are dealing with congested WIFI connections, poor lighting and sound quality, and an environment that isn’t conducive to hybrid collaboration.
Intelligent Room Design
As your company designs flexible huddle spaces, mull over these five factors that can inhibit or enable your employees’ success:
- Lighting: The space should be well lit, yet easy on the eyes and accommodating to different types of presentations via direct and indirect lighting.
- Display: Attendees should be able to view presentations on devices other than their laptops and have an identical experience.
- Cameras: Cameras should be mounted in appropriate vantage points and be able to capture all attendees.
- Acoustics: It’s important to not only hear other attendees, but also make sure they can hear you — clearly.
- Capabilities: Bandwidth should be robust enough to support seamless collaboration now and in the future.
By reimagining meeting space, companies can help employees not only maximize production, but also feel a greater sense of job satisfaction.
If you’re ready to get your workspaces prepared for the return of the workforce, download our Return to The Workplace Checklist. Or, contact us at 855-324-9909 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT BLACK BOX
Black Box® is a trusted IT solutions provider delivering cutting-edge technology products and world-class consulting services to businesses across the globe in every industry. The breadth of our global reach and depth of our expertise accelerate customer success by bringing people, ideas, and technology together to solve real-world business problems.
- Vigliarolo, B. (2017, November 2). Infographic: The wrong tech can ruin your meeting; here's how to fix it. TechRepublic.