LES400 Series Industrial Serial Device Server - 1-Port
Remote access to serial devices across your LAN/WAN.
- Access a single serial device over your Ethernet network. Software selectable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- Software selectable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- Operating Temperature -40 to +176° F (-40 to 80° C).
- Autosensing 10-/100-Mbps Ethernet port.
- Completely manageable through any Web browser.
- Easily integrates a serial device into your Ethernet network.
- Enables you to monitor a serial industrial device from your office.
- Configure a device, troubleshoot, upgrade firmware, and more.
- Rugged design for operation in a wide temperature range.
- NEMA TS-2 rated for use in transportation applications.
- Offers direct IP, virtual COM port, or paired modes of operation.
- Features a DB9 port and terminal block for serial connections.
- Equipped with a 10-/100-Mbps port for LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Built-in Web server for browser-based management.
- Includes easy-to-use configuration software.
- Boasts high throughput with low latency.
- Slim IP30 enclosure saves on DIN rail space.
Communicate easily with an RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 serial device via your LAN or WAN with the rugged and compact 1-Port Hardened Serial Server from Black Box.
It's just what you need to improve productivity and cut down on the amount of time required to configure or troubleshoot a serial device located on a factory floor or in a remote location.
Eliminate visits to a distant site just to make a minor change to a configuration. You can do all this from the comfort of your office using an Ethernet LAN or WAN connection, or even from home via a standard Web connection.
A simple-to-install, user-friendly Web configuration software application enables programming through a browser connection. No time-consuming setup is required.
Set it up to operate in one of three modes:
- In Direct IP Mode, you use TCP/IP or UDP/IP to communicate directly with the serial device.
- In Virtual COM Mode, you can communicate with the device via your network just as if the device was connected to a physical COM port.
- In Paired Mode, mUL®tiple serial devices can communicate with one another using network tunneling (more than one 1-Port Hardened Serial Server is required).
The Hardened Serial Server has a standard DB9 serial port and a removable terminal block for the RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 device connection, and an autodetecting 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX port for a CAT5 connection to your Ethernet network.
Plus, for reliable operation, the serial server offers a heartbeat connection, which detects any TCP communication failures and sends out signals every five seconds until the system is reconnected.
This product works with:
For -40 to +167° F (-40 to +75° C) environments:
For standard, more controlled environments:
Questions? Contact our FREE Tech Support.
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-800-667-6625.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product* for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 787-767-3500.
** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day, no-questions-asked return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.