Emerald™ Benefits and Features
Even if you're not quite ready for 4K, you’re still ready for Emerald™. Start with HD and add 4K at your own pace.
- HD and 4K video transmission over standard IP network infrastructure or a dedicated network
- Unlimited scalability of endpoints (non-blocking) including virtual machines
- Enhance your existing Black Box matrix switching solutions with Emerald™
Emerald™ simplifies virtualization, making it simple for you to use any combination of physical and virtual servers for an easy migration path.
- Any combination and number of physical and virtual servers and desktops
- Support for VMWare®, Microsoft®, and Citrix™, using RDP, RemoteFX, and PCoIP
- Users can work anywhere with easy access to everything
Reliability and Performance
Designed with 24/7/365 critical applications in mind, Emerald™ provides for network resilience at every level.
- Redundant network interfaces supporting both CATx and fiber connections through SFP slots
- Configurable with redundant paths and server endpoints for fail-safe backup
- Capable of supporting complete switchover to a backup control room location
2K or 4K over IP or Direct Connect
With more capabilities than other KVM solutions currently on the market, Emerald™ delivers superior value, lowering your ownership cost.
- Pixel-perfect, lossless compression of resolutions up to 4K at 60 fps with 10-bit color
- Choose between a proprietary Emerald™ KVM matrix switch or a standard IP switch – or combine both
- True USB emulation, supporting Wacom® tablets and other high-speed USB 2.0 devices