Active Optical Cable (AOC) for AV Applications
Take Ultra-High-Bandwidth Audio/Video the Distance
Professional A/V applications require solutions that can support the ever-increasing Ultra High Bandwidth video of today at the distances they need to reach, and at a price that won’t break the bank. Black Box Active Optical Cables (AOCs) do just that, providing an all-in-one, easy-to-install, ultra-reliable solution for Pro AV installs in control rooms, digital signage, healthcare, and any other application where UHD video needs to go the distance.
Active Optical Cable Features
- Meets HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.4 standards
- Supports HDCP 2.2, EDID/CEC/DDC
- Supports 3D effects & 21:9 aspect ratio
- Supports Theatre Quality Surround Sound
- Up to 32 Audio Channels with 1536 Hz Sampling Rate
- HDMI AOCs Support Audio Return Channel (ARC)
Flexible, Thin and Light
- Ultra-thin (0.198 inches)
- Flexible cable with a superior bend radius
- Lightweight (10 meters of cable weighs less than 300 grams)
Uncompressed UHD Video
- 4K60 4:4:4 HDMI 2.0 video with 18 Gbps bandwidth
- 8K60 DisplayPort 1.4 video with 32.4 Gbps bandwidth
- Also supports high-dynamic-range (HDR) video
No External Power Required
- Fiber/copper hybrid design
- Power runs over copper wiring
- Eliminates the need for external power supplies
EMI/RFI Immunity and Fire-Safe Jacketing
- Provides high EMI/RFI immunity
- Interference-resistant fiber plus triple-shielding
- Low-smoke, zero-halogen jacket meets fire protection regulations
Active Optical Cable Benefits
Extend UHD 4K60 (4:4:4) HDMI 2.0 and 8K60 DisplayPort 1.4 AV signals hundreds of meters with full signal integrity.
No Delays or Signal Loss
Active optical cables are ideal for 24/7 AV applications. They ensure flawless functionality with no delays in signal transmission.
Theater Quality Sound
Get immersive audio that is essential for professional AV applications. Also supports audio output on external systems (HDMI).
Plug-and-play cable that is easy to pull through tight spaces and navigate around corners. Fits perfectly behind today’s ultra-thin displays.
Fewer Points of Failure
All-in-one cable solution: No need for software or additional devices that increase points of failure, such as are found with transmitters and receiver extender kits.
Get a stable signal transmission, where other solutions fail. Reduce EMI/RFI interference and electromagnetic noise that decreases signal quality.
Active Optical Cable Application Diagrams
Active Optical Cable Industry Applications
Active Optical Cables are ideal for Pro AV installations where ultra-high video needs to extend long distances.
BroadcastBroadcast & Events
- Ideal for OVBs and events. Transfer UHD video to large displays easily.
- Plug-and-play AOC allows presenters to easily connect their devices to screens in conference rooms.
Lecture Halls - Display a clear, stable image during lectures, allowing hundreds of students to follow the lesson.
Government Campuses - Replace bulky copper solutions with thin AOCs. Benefit from space savings and 24/7 performance.
Medical Imagery - Deliver MRI or X-ray images to doctors' meeting rooms or the OR with lossless image reproduction
Control Rooms - Prevent disasters caused by lag or malfunctioning AV equipment. Transmit UHD video and audio.
Digital Signage - Display captivating UHD images that can grab and hold customer attention.
Active Optical Cable Product Portfolio
Active Optical Cables:
Thin and flexible, HDMI AOCs support the HDMI 2.0 specification, including 4096 x 2160 (4K) @ 60 Hz 4:4:4 video signals with a bandwidth of 18 Gbps.
Active Optical Cables:
DisplayPort AOCs support the DisplayPort 1.4 specification, extending full 8K @ 60 Hz video signals with a bandwidth of 32.4 Gbps for the extension of UHD video.