SFP and QSFP Active Optical Cables
Active Optical Cables (AOCs) for High-Speed Networking Interconnectivity
When it comes to connecting networking equipment in high-density, high-bandwidth applications, whether short distances or long, AOCs that operate over optical fiber are the most well-rounded solution available.
Significantly lower in cost than transceiver solutions, they are perfect for applications that do not require extremely long-distance connections or modular design. And while higher in cost than copper Direct Attach Cables (DACs), their fiber optic construction allows
for a greater transmission distance, is superior in EMI/RFI performance, and is thinner, more flexible, and takes up less space.
When it comes to high-speed networking interconnects, you can’t match the combination of performance and affordability of Active Optical Cables.
Active Optical Cable Features
Premium Performance, Affordable Price
- Error-free data transmission of 100 meters
- All-in-one cable design makes installation a breeze
- An AOC is nearly half the cost of a single transceiver
- Supports 10G, 25G, 40G, 100G, and higher
- Same thin fiber optic form factor regardless of speed
- VCSEL technology ensures optimal performance.
- Meets Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) Industry Standards
- SFF-8431 (SFP+), SFF-8402 (SFP28), SFF-8436 (QSFP+), SFF-8665 (QSFP28)
- Compliant to CE and FCC
Flexible, Thin, and Light
- Ultra-thin (0.198 inches)
- Flexible cable with a superior bend radius
- Lightweight (10 meters of cable weighs less than 100 grams).
Power Efficient Design
- Low power consumption (0.6 watts to 2.5 watts)
- Thin, flexible profile frees up space for airflow.
- Power savings result in cost savings.
EMI/RFI Immunity and Fire-Safe Jacketing
- Optical cabling provides high EMI/RFI immunity.
- No need for additional shielding like with copper
- Low-smoke, zero-halogen jacket meets fire protection regulations.
Active Optical Cable Benefits
Fiber optic technology allows AOCs to make error-free ultra-high-bandwidth (up to 100G and beyond) interconnects at distances up to 100 meters.
AOCs, which feature a transceiver on each end, are nearly half the price of a single transceiver.
Convenient, All-in-One Cable Design
No more time-consuming, expensive cleaning of fiber optic connectors to ensure optimal performance – just plug and play.
Once connected, the data keeps flowing. Active Optical Cables also provide high EMI/RFI immunity, so there’s no need to worry about signal disrupting interference.
AOCs feature an all-in-one design, eight fibers cut to exact lengths, and no additional points of connection to ensure all signals arrive at the same time.
Good for short-, medium-, and long-distance connections, Active Optical Cables are perfect for point-to-point, intra-rack, and rack-to-rack connections of high-speed networking equipment.
AOC Application Diagrams
Perfect for point-to-point, intrarack, and rack-to-rack connections of high-performance networking equipment that uses 10G SFP+, 25G SFP28, 40G QSFP+, and 100G QSFP28. AOCs are also ideal for Ethernet, Infiniband, Fibre Channel, PCI-Express, SAS/SATA
applications, and more.
AOC Emerald KVM Switch Diagram
AOC Industry Applications
Use AOC for high-speed interconnectivity at significantly lower total costs than optical transceivers
Edge Networking: Use cost-efficient, easy-to-install AOCs for connections with Cisco SFP/QSFP
Save costs on energy bills and cable maintenance, using AOCs for your 10G to 100G network interconnectivity
As an ultra-light, easy to install fiber cable solution, AOCs become the preferred choice for connections between high-speed network devices
EMI-RFI resistant AOCs offer an unbeatable cost/performance ratio for your storage connections. Compatible with Black Box AV over IP system, they ensure perfect medical imagery transmissions, too
SFP and QSFP Highspeed Interconnect Portfolio
Cisco®-compatible Active Optical Cables support ultra-high speeds, consume little power and feature a thin design, making them perfect for high-density, high-bandwidth Ethernet networking applications.
Cisco-compatible Direct Attach Cables support ultra-high speeds, consume practically no power and rarely experience latency delays, making them ideal for point-to-point, intra-rack connections.