Emerald Benefits and Features
Even if you're not quite ready for 4K, you’re still ready for Emerald. Start with HD and add 4K at your own pace.
- HD and 4K video transmission over standard IP network infrastructure or a dedicated network
- Unlimited scalability of endpoints (non-blocking) including virtual machines
- Enhance your existing Black Box matrix switching solutions with Emerald
Emerald simplifies virtualization, making it simple for you to use any combination of physical and virtual servers for an easy migration path.
- Any combination and number of physical and virtual servers and desktops
- Support for VMWare®, Microsoft®, and Citrix™, using RDP, RemoteFX, and PCoIP
- Users can work anywhere with easy access to everything
HD or 4K video & USB 2.0 over IP
With more capabilities than other KVM solutions currently on the market, Emerald delivers superior value, lowering your ownership cost.
- Pixel-perfect, lossless compression of resolutions up to 4K at 60 fps with 10-bit color
- True USB emulation, supporting Wacom® tablets and other high-speed USB 2.0 devices
- USB-powered ZeroU Transmitter that consumes zero rack space
Reliability and Performance
Designed with 24/7/365 critical applications in mind, Emerald provides for network resilience at every level.
- Redundant network interfaces supporting both CATx and fiber connections through SFP slots
- Configurable with redundant paths and server endpoints for fail-safe backup
- Capable of supporting complete switchover to a backup control room location