Broadcast & Media companies are evolving and making a rapid transition to cloud-based workflows and automating broadcast operations for program transmission, master control, news production, and live production. Today’s KVM technologies play a pivotal role in this transition allowing managers, editors, operators, and engineers to manage and rapidly reconfigure infrastructure, allowing ease of setup and configuration when time costs money. Black Box has extensive experience in developing KVM solutions for the Broadcast & Media Industry by working with clients to develop innovative KVM solutions.
Streamlined Broadcasting Workflow
KVM systems have long been one of the hidden foundations of a broadcast facility. They have evolved from being an occasional use tool for setup and troubleshooting into one of those infrastructure items that are used every moment of the day. Black Box
KVM solutions deliver:
- Improved operational workflow
- Real-time access to any server from any user station
KVM supports end-to-end content acquisition and playout. Black Box KVM solutions deliver:
- KVM switching ensures distribution of reliable digital image quality and fast switch-over of redundant hardware when required
- KVM switching also makes sure there is redundant playout access by allowing users to connect to several backup playout servers
IP Broadcasting / IP Playout
Transitioning to IP allows remote access and control over IP. IP-based KVM provides access over the WAN to post-production video libraries. Black Box offers a simplified solution with
receiver and transmitter extenders.
Like KVM systems used in other live production areas, the broadcast control room or stadium control room mobile operators are looking for flexibility and fast setup times. They have evolved from being an occasional use tool for setup and troubleshooting into one of those infrastructure items that are used every moment of the day. Today’s KVM system is one of the unseen elements that support the entire system. Black Box KVM solutions deliver:
- Easy reconfiguration for each even and production team
- Any seat configured for any production role
Post Production Applications
Streamlined Post Production Workflow
- Share content access between editing, dubbing and presentation suites
- Edit faster by enabling the use of advanced control surfaces
- Enable multiple user access to images and videos in various locations
- Shorten editing cycles by making distance irrelevant
IP Live Production
- Access resources and servers in remote locations for quiet workstations
Post Production Feed Access and Distribution
- Distribute images and video via fiber to multiple editors in various locations
Enable multiple users to connect and switch between multiple, remote servers from the desktop.
Display multiple video sources on one monitor while sharing keyboard and mouse control.
Extend the distance between users and servers over CATx, Fiber, or IP while protecting your equipment and removing noise and heat.
Enterprise KVM Manager
Manage, control, secure, and upgrade hundreds or thousands of devices across the enterprise in one easy-to-use platform.
Video Wall Processing
Display hundreds of video sources in windows of any size across a canvas of multiple screens.
Broadcasting Case Studies
"With Black Box, you can basically get anything you need. They possessed the flexibility that assured us we could get what we needed now as well as be positioned to get other equipment if we need it later"
- Jasper Veldhuis, Dir. of Broadcast Engineering
"We wanted to make sure that we had an infrastructure that could handle all our needs for the next 10 years or more."
- Jeff Sengpiehl, Chief Engineer
Case Study- Chainsaw Upgrades Legacy KVM System and Facility to Unleash Future Opportunities- Col 1
Apr 7, 2017, 14:11 PM
Block title :
Block date :
External url :
Layout to be used for the block :
Top title bar (News/Event/Press Release/White paper)
Add border above title :
Add border below title :
Image covers block background :
Open in new window :
Column span :
Chainsaw Upgrades Legacy KVM System and Facility to Unleash Future Opportunities
Related page :