MediaCento VX Transmitter - 4-Port
Economically extend multichannel VGA video, stereo audio, and serial signals over CATx and easily manage groups of ports.
- Use ordinary CATx cable instead of expensive VGA cable to extend high-quality multimedia.
- Broadcasts high-quality VGA plus audio and serial signals over standard UTP cabling.
- Features an icon-based GUI for easily managing groups of extender connections.
Extend high-quality multimedia video over CATx cable
- Use ordinary copper UTP cable to distribute analog RGB video to multiple screens with the MediaCento VX system.
Send signals the distance
- The extender sends eight channels of VGA video, stereo audio, and serial signals 492 feet (150 m) or 1000 feet (300 m), or more than 2000 feet (609.6 m) when the distribution chain includes the family's cascadable receiver repeaters.
- The transmitter and receivers install directly into an existing non-networked CATx infrastructure. There's no longer the need to pull new VGA cables to distribute video to distant monitors and displays.
Support for common VGA resolutions
- The system supports most common VGA resolutions, including WUXGA (1920 x 1200), Full HD (1920 x 1080), and UXGA (1600 x 1200) video on analog connectors, even at the longer distances.
- MediaCento VX features a unique, user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI) for managing all VGA screen connections. No more fiddling with complex commands. Not only can you use the GUI to enable or disable audio/video output simply by clicking on icons, but you can also put extender devices into groups for easier control of screen connections - great for managing broadcasting and command and control applications.
Signal auto detection
- The MediaCento VX system automatically detects and indicates signal from the video source.
- You can independently turn on/off of video and audio ports.
Easy expansion and configuration
- Simply add devices to a group that you'd like to control at the same time. You can also use the icon-based menu to easily add a transmitter to a connection pattern branch, set up and remove branches from a device, copy and paste a device branch to the another device, apply settings to all extender devices, and more.
Transmit RS-232 (TX/GND) signals
- For connection to a management computer, the MediaCento VX 4-Port Transmitter includes an RJ-11 cable and RJ-11/DB9 converter for connecting via RS-232.
Adjust video image quality for longer cable runs
- Long-range receivers feature advanced skew compensation, sharpness, and brightness controls, which make it easy to fine-tune the video image quality over longer CATx cable runs.
Local video and audio ports
- A second VGA port and second 3.5-mm audio jack on the extender transmitter enable you to connect a local monitor and speakers.
Optimal PC-to-screen performance
- The MediaCento VX system features EDID copy function and is HDCP-compliant.
Product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.