KVM Extender - Dual VGA, USB, Dual-Access, CATx
Extend Dual Head VGA, USB HID to 1000 feet over CATx, Dual Access.
- Dual Head VGA Video resolutions 1600 x 1200 at 60HZ
- Remote unit includes a built-in 4-port USB hub.
- CATx connections
- Dual Access
- Fully integrated skew compensation cancels color shift and enhances image sharpness.
- Status indicator LEDs on each RJ-45 port.
- Surge protection on each CATx port and power supply unit overvoltage detection.
- Small-footprint chassis.
- Rackmount kit available.
- Also available with serial and audio extension and with single-head VGA.
Use ServSwitch CATx USB KVM Extenders to send VGA video and signals for USB keyboards, mice, and other human interface devices (HID) up to 1000 feet (300 m) over ordinary CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable.
The extender includes a local unit that attaches to the CPU (or a ServSwitch) and a remote unit that connects the user's KVM console. But you can also plug in a monitor on the local side - which is great for monitoring and administration right at the computer.
A CATx cable is required for each video channel between local and remote ends.
The extender delivers crystal-clear video and features emulated DDC on the local unit to ensure compatibility with multi-head graphics cards. The remote unit features transparent DDC, reading DDC tables from all attached monitors, then transferring and storing data in the local unit to support non-standard displays.
Independent low-frequency and high-frequency cable equalization control ensure optimum video tuning across different cable types, so you can save money by using your existing wiring. Control and video tuning are done using the remote keyboard with settings stored in EEPROM memory.
Installation is plug-and-play with nothing to configure. Local video output enables dual-access operation when a local keyboard and mouse are connected directly to the CPU. With a simple hotkey command, you can switch to a private mode, leaving the remote video dark. This is useful during maintenance or other processes you wish to protect from prying eyes.
In most applications, the local unit draws its power from the USB interface but, if necessary, it can also be powered externally by the optional Power Supply (PSU1006E-R2). The remote unit requires an external power supply, which is included.
Compact in design, the extender units fit easily on a desktop. Or you can rackmount three units in 1U of space within a 19" standard cabinet or rack using the optional Rackmount Kit (RMK19U-X3).
- (1) Local unit
- (1) Remote unit
- (1) Power supply for remote unit
- (1) 3-ft. (1-m) USB/Video CPU combination cable with USB (A/B) connectors and VGA video (HD15 M-F) connectors
- (1) 3-ft. (1-m) CPU video cable with VGA video (HD15 M-F) connector
- (1) Quick Start Guide
Product works with:
* Technical specification weight is the unit weight. It is not the packaged shipping weight. For shipping weight, please contact Black Box customer service at 1-877-877-2269.
Double Diamond™ Warranty (Standard)
Take the risk out of equipment purchases with the Double Diamond™ Warranty from Black Box Network Services.
The Double Diamond Warranty is our warranty that protects your Black Box® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges.
During the warranty period, Black Box Network Services will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!*
Plus, get an Extended Double Diamond Warranty.
You can also extend your warranty or protect a previously purchased Black Box® brand product** for an additional year—for only 10% of the purchase price! Or, extend your coverage for a full three years for only 20% of the purchase price!
Ordering an extended warranty is easy: When viewing a product in your shopping cart, just select the one or three years of additional coverage in the dropdown menu under “Warranty Options.” For details, contact Customer Service at 724-746-5500.
* Warranty subject to certain exclusions and limitations ** Certain products may not be eligible.
What’s more, we also have a 45-day return policy. Simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization (RA) number, return your product in new condition and in the original package, and receive a full refund.