The Black Box approach to client engagements supports the entire lifecycle. Careful planning, deployment and management help ensure optimal outcomes and client satisfaction. This lifecycle approach is centered on the Black Box Exchange Zone.
The Black Box Exchange Zone organizes the many inputs and outputs necessary to successfully deploy new technologies. In conjunction with best practices from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and Cisco PPDIOO methodology, the Exchange Zone model allows for high quality engineering and project management expertise to infiltrate the project life cycle.
The Black Box Exchange Zone lifecycle approach follows these phases:
Define - The most important phase
Plan - Develops the overall project structure
- Determine what the client wants and needs to run their business more efficiently
- Understand business drivers and validate objectives
- Define the scope, timeline, resource requirements, stakeholders and deliverables
- Identify and understand requirements for project success
- Put the project team in place
- Review project scope and bill of materials
- Begin project risk analysis activities
- Review hardware and software release notes
- Create work breakdown structure and begin project plan build